Chapter 12

3RD PERSON

Atsushi doesn't know what to do. His emotions are fucked up by now. Anger and sadness. He shouldn't have trusted him.

Tears started to form at the corner of his eyes but quickly wiped it off as he heard the door open from behind.

"Atsushi? Are you uh... Done now?" Akutagawa peeks his head out a little to check out at the younger. Atsushi turns around and nods a little. "Alright. Just informing you that you know... We're going to eat at McDonald's for dinner."

"Ah.. Okay." Atsushi's voice was sort of raspy, making the older frown. Did he do something wrong? Without uttering another word, Akutagawa left.

His phone buzzes, notifying him that he just received a new message.

Chief Kunikida
Have you made up your mind now?

Atsushi

Yes.

I came up with a plan now.

I'm sorry for trusting a criminal rather than you, chief.

Chief Kunikida

Good choice Mr. Nakajima.

Without realizing, they already arrived at McDonald's so Atsushi put on his mask then tucked his phone back in his pocket and finally got out to be with the others.

"What took you so long?" Lucy asks.

"Why do you even care?" His voice was full of coldness making Lucy flinch at his reply.

Ranpo notices this and walks towards the younger boy. Wrapping his arm around Lucy, he shot her a stern look before scoffing.

Everyone entered wearing their caps and masks and sat at a place where less people were eating.

"Atsushi, can you order food for us?" Chuuya asks as soon as he writes down all the meals the group would eat.

"Fine..." he harshly snatches the piece of paper, leaving everyone confused on how he acts. Atsushi stood at the very end of a long line. Waiting for his turn, he impatiently taps his foot in annoyance.

Sooner, it was already his turn. Still annoyed, he literally threw the piece of paper at one of the employees making everyone stop then turned to look at him.

"What are you fucktards looking at?!" Atsushi snaps so everyone turns away.

"I'm sorry for his behavior..." Without noticing Dazai already took his place. Akutagawa saw what happened and was furious about it. What the hell is wrong with him?

He grabs Atsushi's wrist harshly and drags him out. The younger winces in pain in contact.

"L-Let go of my wrist it hur--"

"Not until you tell me what's your problem." Akutagawa growls.

"P-Please..." He started to cry again. "It hurts."

Finally, he already let go. Atsushi peeked at his wrist and grimaced at the purple marks forming. Knowing that Akutagawa would feel even worse, he hid the mark with the sleeve of his hoodie.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Why are you acting cold? You're not like this earlier..." The sudden questions made even Atsushi more fuck up. Even him, he doesn't know either. "Stop acting like that..."

"I'll act whatever I want, Akutagawa." The younger one snaps. I'm sorry.

"Stop being a bitch and fucking tell me!" Akutagawa yells. You can tell by the tone of his voice that he's already furious. The latter turns away from him. "Please tell me...." His voice softened.

"You already know what I mean."

"If I already know that then I shouldn't be asking you right now." Akutagawa replies.

"Stop!" Atsushi turns his head away with his jaw clenched. "Stop acting like you don't know!"

"I really don't know!"

"You really don't know?" He turns back in his direction. "Read this then bastard!" Throwing his phone at him, Akutagawa manage to catch it.

A few minutes later, Atsushi heard a chuckle from him. The older one looks up with a fake smile. "Are you seriously going to believe this?"

"Yes..." the younger one was about to grab his phone but he was quick enough to throw it somewhere far away from them.

"Do I look like some sort of killer to you?"

"You're a criminal!"

"Is that your reason?" Akutagawa chuckles again. "Just because I'm a criminal, I'll kill you?"

"Are you kidding me? Does he even have that proof or so called info that I was the one who killed your parents? Huh, Nakajima Atsushi?" The younger fell silent.

"It seems like you trust that... chief of yours rather than me. Am I right?"

"Aku-"

"No, Atsushi stop..." He cuts him off. "If everyone's just going to think that criminals can't be trusted and are just ruthless killers then what's the point of you being with me?"

By that, Akutagawa already left.