Chapter 13

3RD PERSON

3 weeks. It's been 3 week since that incident happened and the last time he saw Akutagawa. Atsushi never felt so horrible in his life. This isn't the first time he experienced this. It was actually his third heart break.

First is when his parents left him and second is Lucy, his first love. She left him without explanation.

Atsushi is already back at the police station not as a criminal profiler but as the head chief like what the previous chief promised him.

"Atsushi, you're spacing out again." Snapping back to reality, Atsushi looks up at their newly hired criminal profiler.

"Whatever you say, Tanizaki."

Jun'ichirō Tanizaki and him are pretty close.

Despite the different personalities, they went along really well. They became really close after Atsushi told him everything happened so he pretty much trusted Tanizaki.

"Should I just move on...?" Atsushi asks.

"Atsushi... I know you're still thinking about him but I don't think moving on is a good idea." Tanizaki sat beside him. "If I were you, I would do something about it."

"Like what?"

"I don't know." Atsushi playfully smacks the back of his head. "Hey, that hurts!"

Tanizaki puts a hand on his shoulder, "Don't just give up okay? I've been there and If you need my help, I'm here."

He's right. He shouldn't just give up like that. I need to find Akutagawa.

"By the way, Chief Kunikida wants to see you and... is it okay to confess something about him?" Tanizaki leans closer at Atsushi's ear. "I always have a bad feeling when he's around."

"What-"

"Adios!" with that Tanizaki already left.

Upon arriving at the place, he saw him sitting at a swivel chair. Hands clasped together, Chief Kunikida looks up at him with a sly smile. He always has that look on but now, Atsushi felt uncomfortable about it.

"Nice to talk to you again, Mr. Nakajima,'' he says, then points at the seat in front of him. "Take a seat."

Atsushi just nods and attempts to sit comfortably but he just can't. What the hell is wrong with me? The chief notices this so he flashes a forced smile hoping that he'll shrug it off and he does. Atsushi sighed in relief.

"Why did you call me here by the way?"

"We need to talk about you being with Ryunosuke Akutagawa since we didn't talk properly last time and you haven't been answering either my texts and calls."

"My phone got lost and I haven't bought a new one... yet." Atsushi gulped, nervously.

"Alright..." Mr. Kunikida clears his throat. "You do notice that you already broke lots of rules right? Such as running away with a thief you were supposed to arrest and skipped work for a couple of days."

"I'm s-sorry I wasn't thinking straight," Atsushi replies.

"Don't worry that's not really the main reason I called you here." He stood up then started to walk towards Atsushi before lifting the younger's chin up to have eye to eye contact. "Are you perhaps seeing someone right now?"

"Yes..."

"No you don't," He growls, letting go of Atsushi. "You're going out with me."

"Chief, I--"

"Don't fucking defy me, Nakajima." Mr. Doppo's gaze at him isn't calm now but instead, full of anger.

"Sorry..." His burning gaze dissolves at his reply and smiles in triumph.

"Let's meet up at the Orchard park around 7pm and don't even think about of not showing up or else--"

"Or else what chief?" Both of them turned their gaze at the person speaking behind them.

"Mr. Tanizaki, what are you doing here?" He growls.

"I'm just here to fetch my boyfriend." Tanizaki walks towards Atsushi then pecks him on the cheek. "Shall we?"

Atsushi decided to play along and nodded. "I'm sorry chief, I'm already taken to Tanizaki."

With that, they already left the office.