Chapter 18

3RD PERSON

After 2.5 hours of travelling, the train finally halted into a stop. Atsushi tapped Akutagawa's shoulder to wake him up and so he did. As soon as they got out of the train, they saw the gang waiting for them to arrive. Everyone was occupied using their phones except for Ranpo who was impatiently tapping his foot.

"Ranpo!" Atsushi calls out and the other one looks up. His once annoyed face dissolves into a grin once he sees him.

Ranpo was the first one to approach the two out of excitement. "Sushi~" He coos. "Where's my candy ring?"

"I ate it all," lad answers.

Ranpo's expression suddenly darkened.

"Just kidding!" Atsushi hands him the plastic bag where the candy rings are. Ranpo shows his cute smile at Atsushi and hugs him tightly.

Akutagawa, who was watching the whole time, couldn't help but roll his eyes at them. He was obviously jealous about it.

Akutagawa shakes his head and walks over to Dazai. "Are they still following Atsushi?"

"Yeah..." Dazai replies. "I don't think they would give up that easily."

"Of course..." they won't stop until he's dead.

"I think we need to go," Chuuya interrupts, holding Dazai by the arm. "We don't have much time..."

Akutagawa followed Chuuya's gaze and there he spotted them. Once they locked gazes with him they started walking towards them.

Cursing under his breath, he immediately grabbed Atsushi and put a beanie on his head to cover his white as snow hair.

"What the hell?"

"Shut up and follow me..."

The gang started to walk faster while Akutagawa dragged Atsushi who was still clueless on what's happening.

"Why are they following us?" Atsushi asks as he looks back just to see several guys following him.

"Damn it Atsushi, don't look back!" Akutagawa tighten his grip at the younger's arm making Atsushi whimper a little at the pain.

Once they finally reached the exit, Lucy told them that she'll just going to get his car but Fyodor stopped her and said she'll tag along which he agreed even though Ranpo was already sending glares at them.

While waiting for the car to arrive, Atsushi removes Akutagawa's hand from his arm and goes over to Ranpo instead.

"What's wrong now Atsushi?" Ranpo asks as Atsushi wraps his arms around him. He found it weird at first but let him be.

"Why did you leave the police station?" Atsushi frowns, resting his head on Ranpo's shoulder. "And what happened to Yosano?"

"We left for a reason..."

"Just tell me the reason..." Atsushi frowns even more. "I hate being clueless."

"Me and Yosano went there to keep an eye out on you for a while after knowing you work for him. As we eventually quit, I sent Yosano to the states because I don't want to drag her into this perilous situation any further..."

"Him? As in Chief Kunikida?"

"Exactly..."

"What does he want?"

"He wants you dead..." Ranpo stated straight forwardly.

"Okay..." Atsushi unwraps his arms from him and backs away when he feels his eyes sting.