Epilogue

3RD PERSON

It's been a week since the tragedy happened. Akutagawa was sent to the hospital along and it's a miracle that he survived even though he only had a chance of 30 chance of living but the problem is, he still haven't wake up.

Atsushi had been restless these past few days. He can't even think or eat properly, which made his friends worry a lot about his health. He's getting skinnier and tired everyday. He would sit and wait around all day, hoping he'll wake up anytime soon.

"Atsushi..."

"Hmm?" He hummed as a response to Ranpo, still not taking his eyes off of Akutagawa.

"You need to rest," Ranpo stated. "Everyone was worried about you..."

"I'll be fine-"

"No." He defies. "You're not fine, now go eat and take a rest. '' Ranpo grabs Atsushi's arm and makes him stand up.

"But what if he wakes up?"

"I'll be staying here and if he does I'll immediately tell you."

Atsushi trusts Ranpo so in the end, he finally lets him be and heads to the cafeteria where the others are.

Roaming his gaze around, he spotted them easily over the corner and sat beside Dazai.

"Look who finally decided to show up- yah it hurts!" Fyodor winces due to Lucy hitting his arm.

"Since you're here... I already prepared food." Chuuya took out several tupperware each in a different shade of blue along with a wooden chopstick. "Now listen ya shits, this food is for Atsushi only-- fuck you Dazai you cant eat those!"

"Okay but can I eat you-- OKAY OKAY I'LL STOP!" Dazai hid under the table as soon as he saw him taking out a frying pan at his bag.

"Omg that's a lot!" Atsushi says, eyeing the food before starting to eat. But of course, he didn't eat all of it, he gave the rest to the others who were also hungry and decided to go back to Akutagawa's room after. He even hid a tupperware for Ranpo to eat too.

Atsushi had finally reached Akutagawa's room and saw Ranpo watching the younger man solemnly that he wasn't able to notice him. He gave him a small tap on his shoulder to get his attention and it did.

"I brought you food just in case you're hungry too." He says, handing him the tupperware. Ranpo muttered a small 'thanks' before leaving the room to eat with the others.

Atsushi held Aku's hand and planted a small kiss on his lips while whispering "I love you."

When he was about to let go, his hand was suddenly gripped tightly.

He was taken back when Akutagawa's eyes started to flutter open. His heart bursts into happiness. No words can express how glad and relief at the moment.

"You're finally awake!" "You're finally awake!" he exclaims, astonished. He wanted to call a doctor, but the shock had spread to his knees. He is unable to move any of his limbs as a result of his startle. On the other side, he felt relieved, as if a fishbone had been pulled from his neck. But then, Akutagawa remained silent.

Atsushi tried to smile even more but the corner of his lips didn't curve up. Something isn't right.

"Who are you?" said the latter, who is currently lying on the bed with several aparatos attached to his body. He yanked away the younger's hand and looks away.

And with that, Atsushi's smile faded.

END

Thank you all for reading! Akutagawa was supposed to be dead, but because I don't think you're all ready for that, I lightened it up to make it less terrible. Why do I want this to finish in such a depressing manner? I'm not sure, I simply believe it fits the ending of the story.

Anyway, don't be too hopeless. I'm working on a tale about SOUKOKU. Lemme spoil you, it's kinda wild. Stay tuned, gays!