Chapter 9

Two Months Later...

"Boy quit playing, I know you lying" Amber and Naya laughed into the phone.

"Stop laughing at me, it's not funny"

"It's hilarious" Naya hollered.

"Amb, Naya get off my phone bro"

"Awe bestfriend you mad"

"Man she tripping"

"I mean you did forget your anniversary" Naya said.

"I didn't know I was supposed to remember no two month anniversary"

"Well you supposed to remember the date you two got together and you don't even remember that" Amber said.

"Yes I do

"September15"

"No, it's the 19th. Come on Lucas that don't even make no sense"

"Like Amb, she really mad at me. I tried to apologize and she wouldn't even let me talk, she just yelled at me then hung up"

"Look, just keep calling her. It'll show her that you care"

"Okay, what else should I do?"

"Maybe you should pop up at her house with some chocolate and flowers"

"She can't eat chocolate"

"She is a cheerleader ain't she"

"Yeah, she on that rabbit diet" Naya said and Amber laughed.

"Your on it too ain't you?" He asked into the phone and Naya scoffed.

"Boy please I'll be damned if she think I'm about to eat salads all damn day, I eat what I want and exercise"

"You don't sound too happy about her diet" Amber said

"She just complains about her weight all the time, just "Lukie I'm fat" "I can't believe I gained two pounds" It's so annoying when she's not even fat" Amber rolled her eyes.

"Jackass" Naya said.

"What did I do?"

"Your insensitive that's what you did"

"I know you don't understand females and weight because one, you don't have that problem and two, your not a woman"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means that weight is different for women, we feel different about our looks than guys do. So, yes Cierra is on this diet, but it doesn't mean she feels good about it" Naya said.

"Why would she feel bad?"

"Because you don't know how those cheer coaches can be, they can be mean. They yell at you all the time, tell you that your nothing, threaten to kick you off the team because your a pound over her weight limit. Her parent's may expect her to live up to certain expectations and she can't get kicked off the team"

"I mean, it's like that for a lot of people" Amber said.

"Is it like that for you?"

"What do you mean?"

"Do you have insecurities like that?"

"Oh yeah, big time. Especially now that I'm pregnant"

"Why though, I think your beautiful, I think Cierra is very pretty"

"You can be pretty and insecure at the same time, my aunts, uncles and Rosa call me beautiful everyday but that doesn't mean I feel like I am because I don't maybe Cierra doesn't feel beautiful"