Chapter 7 The truth

Shikamaru, Chouji, Kiba, Shino, Sasuke, Ino and Hinata did not like the reply Naruto gave them so Sasuke said, "The Hokage probably knows the reason. When Naruto was not going to school for 2 days, the Hokage himself confirmed it so that means he knows. Plus, I'm pretty sure Naruto is close to the Hokage, he literally called the hokage old man.". So they went to the Hokage office for answers. When they arrived, they  bust through the door and saw a sleepy Hokage doing paperwork. The Hokage looked up at them and said,

"Ok firstly, school hasn't ended yet and secondly, learn to knock children."

"We apologies for entering without knocking and skipping school but, our friend Naruto hasn't been acting like himself, he seems depressed and we want to help so please tell us what's wrong with Naruto Hokage-sama." said Shino.

"Well if I explain what's wrong with Naruto you would have to know the truth and you might hate him afterwards." replied the Hokage.

"Please Hokage-sama, he's our friend and no matter what we care for him. I've seen many other kids treat him badly and I know he doesn't deserve it. I've never known the reason why and none of my...friends here know either but we want to help." said Sasuke. It was quite hard for the raven to say 'friends' but if it was for a certain blonde he wouldn't mind, he wanted to see the blue eyes sparkle again and not the dull and dead eyes, it just pained him so much to see the blondie like that for some reason he didn't understand. After hearing what the raven said, the Hokage was quite surprised, he knew that clans like the Nara, Yamanaka, Aburame, Inuzuka and the Akimichi clan wouldn't mind the blondie and doesn't see him as a monster but he was quite surprised someone from the Hyuga and Uchiha would care for Naruto, especially an Uchia. The Hokage signaled the Anbu to leave and after they left he placed a privacy seal around the room. 

"Very well, I'll tell you. I'm sure Naruto probably doesn't want you to know but seeing how much you kids care I hope that you'll still care and look after him...even after you know the truth." said the Hokage. Everyone sat down and the Hokage started to tell the Story. 

"12 years ago was when the Kyuubi attacked the village, many lives where lost and the village was destroyed, not fully destroyed though. The 4th Hokage didn't kill the Kyuubi, the Kyuubi is made of chakra therefore it can't be killed, so he sealed it in a new-born child, that was Naruto. Many people believed that Naruto is the 9 tails itself and not a child so they hate him and call him a demon, there was a rule that if you say he's the 9 tails or say that the 9 tails is inside of him they will be punished by death. So everyone just avoided him and hate him,call him unpleasant names and stuff." said the Hokage.

"T-that's horrible." said Ino.

"Man Naruto's been through a lot by himself. I feel bad I left him alone at lunch for some stupid family business." said Kiba.

The Hokage continued, "Naruto was always alone, I did love him but I didn't have a lot of time for him because paperwork and Hokage duties, he was alone in the by himself. He only knows how to express his emotions in the pranks he plays. He pranks people because he just wants people's attention and acknowledge him, the smile he wears is a sign that he's endured it all and he's strong. He wants to become the Hokage so everyone would acknowledge him as an individual." said the Hokage.

'There's so much behind a smile. There's so much meaning of the pranks he plays and the emotions he only knows how to show through pranks and the attention he wants. The dobe's been through a lot. But, I will help him from the darkness of being alone, I just hated the look in his eyes for some reason. Have I already been captured by those eyes?' thought the raven. 

"N-Naruto-kun's strong f-for being a-able t-to survive l-loneliness f-for so l-long, h-he has good endurance." said Hinata tearing up.

The Hokage continues the story, "Indeed, he's truly strong and will make a good shinobi, shinobis must have good endurance, anyways I'm going to continue. So, there are very few people that cares for Naruto, there's one shinobi called Hizu, he cared for Naruto, Naruto survives with the few bits of love he receives, it makes it easier for him but, Hizu was killed on a mission, after Naruto heard the news, he immediately broke down so I gave him 2 day off school."

"That explains the 2 days he's been absent." said Sasuke

"How troublesome." said Shikamaru

"It must have been hard for him. If potato chips where not being made forever I would be sad." said Chouji.

"Chouji, we're talking about someone that died not potato chips." said Shino. 

"Please continue Hokage-sama, even though the 2 days Naruto's absent was explained and Naruto was sad yesterday but he was back to normal in the afternoon so it doesn't explain why he's sad today." said Ino.

"Well, indeed he feeling better yesterday after someone called Uchiha Sasuke hung out with him at lunch. But, after school when he was walking home, there was a problem with a  villager." said The Hokage.

Sasuke was happy that after he hung out with the blondie he was feeling better and he was the one to bring back the blondie's spark after the incident with the Hizu guy.

"Hokage-sama please continue." said Kiba.

"Alright. So when he was walking home, I heard that he turned into an alley way for a short cut. Short cuts are never good. He heard a villager say that Hizu died because he hung out with Naruto and Naruto is cursed. Naruto apparently heard and he confronted them. One of them really hated him and they told him that he's the demon fox that attacked the village a killed many lives. After that, she was arrested but Naruto knows that truth now. Now that you know the truth, I'm afraid that you'll hate him now." said the Hokage.

"What, we'll never hate him his been through a lot and we don't want to make him more hurt." said Ino.

"She's right, the dobe has been through a lot. He's better when he's himself, his better when his eyes shine." said Sasuke. When everyone left, Sasuke was about to leave but then the Hokage said, 

"I'm quite surprised you care for him, according to your past, you've never cared about anyone except your family. I'm surprised you aren't calling him names and saying bad things about him." said the Hokage. Sasuke chuckled and replied, 

"His eyes, I've lost to them. I don't know these feelings I'm feeling, but, I hated seeing him like that.". After the raven left, the 3rd chuckled and looked at the view of the village behind him and said to himself,

 "Those were the same words that Hizu once said."

To be continued...

________________________________________________________________________________

So I hope you enjoyed the chapter. This chapter is longer than the other chapters though.

!DISCLAIMER: Naruto does not belong to me!