Chapter 4: What Should I Do?

Back on the field, the ref announces for another scrum, the difference is the location.

"A scrum at the ten meter line!" Umeno calls out. "This is our chance!"

Gion looked over to Umeno as she called out the out the ten meter line. "What's the ten meter line?"

"Did you actually study the rules?" Umeno scoffed as she turned to Gion.

"Gion, it's like a football field." He looked over to see Haruko turning some pages in her book before show him a diagram of the field. "The field is split evenly in half and in each half are lines that are marked based how far they are from the goal post. For example, when Umeno-san said that we are at the ten meter line for Keijo, that means we start more on their side and have a better chance to get to the goalpost."

"Couldn't have said it better, Haruko-chan!" Umeno patted her head. "You are becoming a great manager!"

During the scrum, Kamo was able to get the ball and pass it to Oharano as Atsushi was running towards him. Number 12 from Jinko came behind Oharano as they got close to pass, making Atsushi mark number 12 only to see that it was fake and Oharano still had the ball running. When a Keijo member got close to Oharano, he looked to the side before passing the opposite side passing through Issei before it was catch.

"Oharano's so good." The people of the bench saw the play happen with wide eyes.

"I heard he played in grade and middle school, and at rugby school." Matsu explained. "It's no wonder."

"...It won't work." Gion looked over to Ebumi confused.

Back on the field, Oharano had the ball at hand as a Keijo Player charged towards him. Before the Keijo player got close, Oharano did a kick pass to the left of him to pass the ball. However, the other Jinko player's were not ready for the ball and barely caught it as it fell to the ground.

"Most of our players started playing Rugby in high school. They're not used to playing with someone so good." Ebumi explained watching Jinko's play. "He's good, But he's not a good player."

Haruko watch the game as she held her chin. "Unless he is able to simplify his movements so that the other members understand, he won't be able to connect his passes."

"But he can't, because he is a good player..." She turned to Matsu who stared at the field. "He won't make simple passes with the experience he has."

As Jinko ran through the field with the ball, number 12 from Keijo tackled them from the side. However, they thought fast and managed to pass it back to Oharano who sprinted from behind. As Oharano looked forward, suddenly 3 of Keijo's players were charging towards him, blocking his path.

"T-Three guys!" Umeno stood up watching them close in on Oharano. "Keijo is trying to shut down Oharano!"

"Don't worry, Umeno-san." She felt a hand on her shoulder to see Haruko as she continue to stare at the field. "He'll know how to get through this."

Oharano took a deep breath before dropping the ball and kicking it past the three guy's heads aiming perfectly through the middle of the goal post.

"Smart move on his end." Haruko took her hand away from Umeno. "Since he couldn't go through them, the next best thing to do was to kick it past them. It's a risky move, but with his experience it's possible."

"Does that score us points, too?" Gion said as he stared at the score board.

"Y-Yeah, but it's not often that you get to see that. Wow..." Umeno stared at the scoreboard as Jinko now has 3 points next to their name. "We just scored against Kanegawa Prefecture Semifinalist."