Chapter 16: Eating At The Coach's Place

"Did you make sure to pack your rule book?"

Kenji peeked into the room to see Haruko marking off a piece of paper as she stood in front of a sky blue duffel bag.

"Okay that should be everything then." She held the phone close to her as she double check the content in her bag. "Don't forget anything okay? Good bye Gion."

"Ready for Sugadaira?" Haruko turned around to see Kenji leaning on the doorway with his arms crossed. "The house is gonna be so lonely~"

"I know you're gonna miss my cooking." She looked at him blankly before turning back to her bag. "I think this should be everything, I might need to go out and fill up my med bag again just in case. Umeno-san invited me to go with her and Rie-san to buy groceries but I declined."

"You didn't want to spend some girl time with them?"

"It's not that, I didn't want to have to carry all the bags since we are buying all the groceries here and not Sugadaira." She stated standing up as she grabbed her bag and med kit. "Then I'm heading out."

"Yeah yeah, have a good day~"

Haruko closed her front door as she stood outside taking in the sun's rays.

"Today is a good day to go out anyway." She said to herself. "Then let's see if the nearest mart has everything I need."

"Okay this should be enough for now." Haruko exited the mart as she looked into her med bag.

The mart people recognized her as she always went to them when it came to buying medical supplies. So once she entered the mart, they already made sure that everything she needed was in stock.

"Oh! Haruko-chan~"

Hearing her name, she turned around to see Sekizan and Hachioji walking up to her as the vice-captain was waving his hand.

"Oh hello Sekizan-senpai, Mutsumi-san!" She bowed as they stood in front of her. "Did you all finish packing for Sugadiara?" What are you doing out?"

"We are heading over to coach's house for lunch and a meeting regarding Sugadaira." Hachioji stated. "How about you?"

She raised her med bag so they can see the inside. "I wanted to make sure we had enough medical supply when we go. Since the days we are there will consist of matches, who knows who will get injured."

"Good job Aoyama-san." Sekizan looked to her as he said that. "You are taking your role as medic seriously."

"Well at this point I am a manager slash medic, but mostly manager." She laughed as she said that. "You all have been taking such good care of your bodies I haven't had to use the med kit in a while."

"I-I don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing..." The two sweat drop after her statement.

"Oh before you two head to Komori-san's house, do you have a gift for him?" She looked at them seeing them empty handed. "It's always polite to bring something if it's your first time."

"We were trying to think of what he would like, but we don't know what."

"Well..." She tilted her head thinking about her experience with the elders she talked to at the indoor pool. "Why don't you try some sweets? There's a really good place in the mall nearby that some of the elders tell me about all the time."

"Ah that sounds like a good idea Haruko-chan~"

"Thank you for the recommendation Aoyama-san."

"No problem!" She waved them off as she walked off. "I'll let you guys go on ahead so you can go buy the gift. Have a good day!"