Chapter 5 Part 2

"Two little guys against two big guys?"

"2 on 2..."

Komori lifted his foot off the ground once he finished what he was doing. He dug into the dirt until he drew a big square on the ground.

"The rules are simple. You'll try to run past each other within this ten by ten meter square. And if you score a try, your team wins." Komori turned to the two backs as they grabbed their jerseys. "You little guys over here."

As Komori was explaining to the two what to do, the other players watching were commenting on the exercise.

"Little? What's up with this dude?"

"One on one, Kamo-san is fast enough to be able to get past them."

"There isn't going to be any room for them to pass through."

Once Komori explained his instructions to the two, they went into the square standing across from Iwashimizu and Sekizan.

"We've never had a serious face off, have we Sekki~?" Raita stretched his arms behind his back as he stared him down. "Don't underestimate us. A bullet can hurt worse than a cannonball."

Sekizan just gave him a smirk as he got into a crouching position. Komori threw the ball to Raita to start the match. As Raita ran close to Sekizan, he position his hands getting ready to throw, Sekizan noticed this and tried to block his pass, but Raita pulled his hands back trying to go around Sekizan, but he was smart and swung his arm at Raita trying to tackle him down but missed as he jumped back with the ball.

"Whoops you figured me out~?" Raita planted his foot to the ground as he charged forward. "One more time!"

He tried to charge, but then Iwashimizu came next to Sekizan blocking his path with them two. Raita thought fast though as he passed the ball under him to Gion as he passed through between the two. "Just kidding~ I was going for a pass after all!"

"I wonder how's Gion gonna pass." Haruko moved herself next to Ebumi turning to him as she talked. "Did you properly taught him to catch before this?"

"Tch of course not!" Ebumi barked out as he crossed his arms. "That idiot will easily miss-"

The two stopped what they were saying as they saw Gion not catch the ball, but he head butted it past the two big giants, passing through them while distracted and landing a try earning a point for the little guys.

As the two were cheering for scoring, the people watching had some complaints.

"Hey, wait! That's a knock-on* isn't it!?"

"That's foul play!"

"It's against the rules!"

"Section 12 of the rule book stated a knock-on applies with only the hands or arms. A ball that was headed forward is still good." Komori turned to them tapping the brim of his hat. "If you don't know the rules, then keep your mouths shut."

He turned back to the square to explain the next steps "Switch sides. The big guys will be on offense and the little guys are on defense."

As Iwashimizu was figuring out a plan when he has the ball, Gion began to intimidate him causing him to be distracted. As Komori threw the ball to Iwashimizu, he started to charge at Gion who did the same towards him. As Gion got closer, he quickly lowered his body and tackled Iwashimizu at his ankles causing him to fall forward. However, Iwashimizu was able to think fast and stretch his arm with the ball and placed the ball over the line scoring a try.

"All right! I did it! I made a tackle!" Gion raised his arms up proud of his action.

"Yeah..." Raita looked at Gion with a sweatmark. "But they still scored a try."