Chapter 9: Having Fun

"Damn it!"

As Oharano threw his jersey into the basket still irritated, the person being placed in slapped him in the shoulder where Horikawa tackled him. Oharano glared at the person holding his shoulder as the player walked on the field, the number 24 shown on the back of their jersey. Matsuo was passing Oharano's discarded helmet to Umeno as the player passed him, his blond spiky hair in view as Ebumi stared down at the ground.

"Really? You're letting Ebumi play?" Haruko heard the advisor talk as she was prepping the med kit. "I can't see him doing anything other than wreaking more havoc."

She didn't hear the rest as she walked away from the conversation to Oharano who sat near the reserves. As she walked up behind him, she took her jacket off covering his shoulders as she sat next to him.

"I would ask for you to let me see your injuries, but I feel as though you'll bit my hand off if I get close." She said looking at the field. "However, once you have calmed down, I do need to have a look at it to make sure it doesn't stop you from playing."

She peeked over at him to see his eyes covered by his face as he had no motivation to look at the game.

As the team connected for the scrum, the ball was passed around as Sagami had the ball first before Raita was able to secure the ball passing it to Matsuo as 4 Sagami members charged towards him. As they got closer, he dropped the ball and kicked it pass them into the air. As Mitsuo ran towards the ball raising his hands to catch it, someone beat him towards it. Ebumi jumped up and caught the ball as he looked down as Mitsuo before raising his knee up hitting Mitsuo's chin causing him to fall back holding his neck in pain. As the Sagami players crowded around Mitsuo, they looked over to see Ebumi who had scored a try on their side.

"That idiot Ebumi-senpai, he kneed the other player in the face..." Haruko pulled her legs up to her chest as she watch him stick his tongue out towards the Sagami members. "But with him scoring, it should affect the other members with motivation to play."

When Jinko had the chance to kick, sadly the ball went to the side instead of the middle earning no points for the kick.

"Ah...they missed..." She looked over to Oharano as he still didn't look up to watch the game. "You know, whatever happens on the field, they only did it so that you wouldn't be able to focus on the game."

She directed her focus on Oharano as seeing him like this was making her upset.

"I'm sure that whatever they said, it isn't true." She scooted closer to him as she continue talking. "They are using their words to irritate you to lose focus on the game, it can't be true."

"...How would you know?" She heard Oharano mumble as he didn't move still.

"I don't." She stated. "But, I know that you are a good player and person. If they told you that whatever you did is your fault, it isn't true because you are good person. You would never do anything on purpose."

She didn't hear anything else from him after she said all that so she turned her attention towards the game. However, she felt a weight on her shoulder to see Oharano leaning his head over still not looking up. She looked at him with a smile as she began to pat his head turning her focus back to the game at hand.

As Suwa caught the ball that was kicked to their side, he quickly passed it as he was tackled down, only for the same thing to happen to the member that caught it. As Raita caught the ball passing it to Isei, it was intercepted by Horikawa as he ran towards the goal post. However Jinko thought fast tackling his down, but Sagami thought ahead as they passed the ball down in a fast pace. Sagami's number 11 Soga was charging down the field as Suwa tried to tackle him, only for Soga to push him aside jumping forward scoring a try for Sagami.