Chapter 30

When Mia arrived back at their dorm, she was met with two of her roommates, who were arguing.

"No, Lois!" Sage scowled at the silver-haired girl. "They're disgusting, put them away! Now!"

"They have names, you know!" The girl frowned back at her, holding a container close to her chest.

"I don't care, they make me sick!" Sage grimaced.

"What's going on?" Mia asked, walking closer to them.

"Mia!" Lois straightened her posture. "Help me, I did nothing wrong!"

"Lies!" Sage narrowed her eyes. "I found one near my bed, I almost had a heart attack! Get those things out of here!"

"They're harmless!" Lois exclaimed.

"What's in there?" Mia gestured towards the container.

"Worms!" Sage answered angrily. "Anderson brought bloody worms up to our dorm and set them free!"

"It's not my fault that Tito escaped! He doesn't like being locked up!" Lois pouted.

"He?" Mia tilted her head. "Worms have both male and female organs, don't they? They're hermaphrodites."

Sage rolled her eyes. "This is not the time, Mia."

"I'm just saying... But why'd you put it in a box if you know it doesn't like it?" Mia raised an eyebrow at the girl.

"I..." Lois looked around the room. "I'm kind of having an experiment."

"Are you trying to see how easily you could give me a heart attack?" Sage glared at her.

"No!" She protested. "I'm sorry it scared you, but they're harmless! Look!"

She took the lid off and held the container closer to Sage, who took a few steps backwards.

"Ew, stop! Put them away!"

Mia walked closer to Lois and glanced down at the worms with a blank expression.

"See?" Lois smiled at her. "They're not harmful at all."

"Where did you find them?" Mia asked.

"The grounds," she shrugged.

"I don't think it's good for them to be in a box, though. Besides, it is kind of unsettling to know that they're in our dorm, Lois."

"We could feed them to our owls," Sage suggested.

"NO!" Lois frowned and put the lid back on.

"Listen," Mia put her hands on her hips. "I don't know what kind of experiment you're having on these creatures, but have it somewhere else, okay? We're obviously not cool with this."

"Ah... alright," Lois sighed. "I suppose I'll free them, but it's too late for me to take them back outside. I'll see if anyone is willing to take them in for the night, though."

"Thank you!" Sage nodded.

"Try Brendon Robertson," Mia recommended. "I think he'd even pay to have them."

"Yeah, he's weird like that," Sage scoffed.

"Brendon is nice," Lois beamed. "I'll see if he's in the Common Room."

"Take those things with you!" Sage pointed at the container.

Lois held the box up and twirled around. "Say goodbye to our dorm, friends. It was nice to have you here."

"I disagree," Sage stared at her with distaste. "But have a good life, I guess."

"Farewell," Mia gave the worms a little wave.