36•

And then a year

And then a year.

Rules had been loosened, Yunhee allowed to walk wherever she wanted. People soon forgot about her, the company blowing it off as silly rumors that Yunhee was a staff member.

People moved on, but to avoid suspicion she was banned from seeing him in public for a year. The last three months she was able to she him if he came to her place. The only thing with this was that they just hung out with Seulyoon, Sunhee, and Lihua.

Wooyoung would come over too sometimes, but he and Seulyoon had actually gotten closer. Seulyoon has visited the dorms twice while she was stuck in school.

"Hey Baby Hee," a voice said as Yunhee glanced up from the cashier at the cafe.

Yunho and Mingi had masks, hats, hoods; the whole look.

"Oh hey," she said half heartedly.

It was the end of her shift and she was tired.

The two ordered and went to the back table Wooyoung and her had sat at when he told her about their identities.

One year.

It really had been one year of knowing.

Jaehwa had graduated college and got a job in Busan. She had gotten a girlfriend named Eunhye who was going to a city school in Busan. Sunhee was planning to graduate early and Seulyoon already had job interviews lining up for him.

Yunhee on the other hand was still indulged in school. It was all she did. Senior year of college was kicking her ass.

Finally her shift ended and she hung up her apron.

"Hey Hee," Yunho said standing up from the table.

"Yeah?"

"We want to take you somewhere," he said, his eyes crinkling behind his mask. 

Yunhee raised an eyebrow and grabbed her own mask. She let down her hair and slung it over her shoulder.

"Where and why?"

Mingi winced before smiling again.

"It's a surprise," he said throwing an arm over her shoulder, Yunhee ignoring it and closing down the cafe.

"Better be quick it's getting dark out," she said glancing at the clock, a cold chill settling itself over her body.

"Ok!"

She was dragged into the company car, Yunho pulling the tint on the windows down so she wasn't able to see out.

"Is that really necessary," she questioned, slight annoyance taking over.

"Yup," Yunho smiled.

The minute the car stopped, Mingi threw his hands over her eyes.

"No peeking."

She sighed and let Yunho lead her out of the car. She felt extreme wind, her hair blowing back into Mingi who decided to hold his complaints back for once.

But she heard water. The cool night air making her shiver as Yunho finally stopped walking.

"Ok," he said, "3, 2, 1!"

Mingi removed his hands from her face and Yunhee immediately started crying. San was standing in front of her, barefaced and in sweats but it didn't really matter. Yeosang and Wooyoung were behind him, Yeosang behind while Wooyoung was off to the side.

The beach waves splashing up onto the sandy shores, the whole beach was abandoned.

"Yunhee?!"

"Surprise," Mingi shouted, "happy one year anniversary!"

San glanced at the others before running to Yunhee and hugging her. She wrapped her arms around him as well.

San pulled away and looked at the four others.

"You four planned this," he asked, Yunhee still hugging his waist.

Yunho nodded as Yeosang smiled.

"Just call if you want us to pick you two up," Hongjoong said as he tried not to tumble down onto the sands as he called Yunho, Yeosang, Mingi, And Wooyoung back to the car.

San nodded, as Yunhee was shocked silent.

"Wait are we allowed to-"

San glanced back down at her smiling.

"Allowed to go on public dates?"

"Yeah."

He grinned and brought his face down to hers.

"I think so."

And with that he placed his lips on Yunhee's, his hands cupping her face gently as she hugged his waist.

The waves lapping onto the shore peacefully as the couple was finally able to be together... as normal as possible.

🥺🥺🥺

🥺🥺🥺