Chapter 3

"Hyung, I don't know what to do." Jungkook let out a sigh of frustration as he roughly ran his hands through his hair.

All of the BTS members are once again gathered in Jungkook's room. But this time, they aren't there for fun; they were there to share the agitation that everyone is feeling towards a possible scandal that might break their momentum as a group and, of course, to comfort their Maknaes, who were particularly shaken up by the experience. 

Namjoon, the team leader, who usually has the answers to every problem of the group, surprisingly can't do anything but walk back and forth. Even Hoseok, known for his cheerfulness, even in dire situations, can't even fake a smile.

"Jungkook-ah, I really wanted to apologize for what had happened. It was really my fault. If only I stopped myself from being nosy, this wouldn't happen. I'll take accountability for it." Jimin said, voice filled with remorse.

"I will also take accountability, whatever consequences may be. I also took part in what had happened yesterday." Taehyung remarked. He was just as guilty as Jimin. 

They both know from the very start that teasing Jungkook to girls could potentially cause harm not just to him but also to the group. They just didn't take it as seriously as it should be. 

Jungkook did not reply. He was out of words. It breaks his heart to see Jimin and Taehyung, as well as the whole group, so devastated. As much as he wanted to comfort them, he is also dealing with his issues, with his own guilt of possibly bringing down the group.

Even after Jimin and Tae claimed that it was their fault, Jungkook doesn't think the same. In his perspective, he also consented for this to happen, to an extent. He could've put an end to his Hyungs teasing right then and there. He had a lot of opportunities, but he didn't take any of them, and now this is the price he had to pay, and it is more heart-rending that the whole group has to be involved.

"This is not the time to put or own the blame. It has already happened. I know damn well that you have already learned your lesson. What we need to do is to start finding a solution," Yoongi suggested, to which the other members agreed.

"But hyung, How are we going to solve this if it involves YG?" Jungkook said, his voice breaking, signaling that he is about to break down.

Once again, they felt the elephant in the room, and this time, it is as if it was growing even bigger. Internal problems, no matter how difficult, are something that they have proven to handle. But a conflict that involves a third-party? To add to the equation is the fact that this third party is one of the most powerful agencies in Korea. Even Jin's funniest dad joke cannot uplift the spirit of the members.

"The manager texted." Namjoon declared. The collective panic was difficult to mask after hearing Namjoon's statement.