Chapter 9

Author's note: 

I struggled a lot writing this chapter. Hope you still like it. Happy reading!

Also, don't forget to cast your votes for Blackpink and BTS at MAMA. 

-Pastelppscle

"Chaeyoung-ah, aren't you supposed to go to Bighit today?" Jisoo asked as soon as she spotted Rosé at the living room, lying on the couch, still on her pajamas, tuning to Netflix with a bunch of snacks laid out at the coffee table. She looked like she was planning to watch movies all day, and it alarmed Jisoo knowing that her collaboration with Jungkook still needs a lot of work.

"I am. But I was informed he couldn't attend." Rosé simply answered before shoving a handful of popcorn in her mouth.

"Really? Why?" Jisoo asked.

"I didn't ask anymore." Rosé answered. Jisoo looked at her suspiciously.

"Wae?" It was Rosé's turn to ask, noticing her the suspicious gaze her Unnie is giving her.

"You didn't even bother to ask?" Jisoo asked her. "That's so not you." She continued.

Rosé didn't reply and sighed instead. She knew she would end up with this kind of conversation. She could have just made up a story of how Jungkook had an emergency meeting with Bighit for a project, so he had to skip the practice; that way, she wouldn't be interrogated or told heartless for not caring. But dumb her, she didn't.

The truth is. It was a relief not to see him today. And even when she thinks it is heartless, she didn't really want to know where Jungkook is, what he was doing, and why he would miss the practice. She didn't want any of it. She didn't want anything to do with him right now, especially after the Coat incident at MMA.

Not that she didn't care. She cared, of course. Jungkook was his friend, and he was a good one. But things are getting confusing, and what made it even more confusing is that she can't identify what exactly is confusing about it. Her brain is a mess. She is a mess.

"Oh! You're here!" Her pondering was cut off when Lisa entered the scene, just as surprised as Jisoo to see Rosé on the couch. "I'm assuming you don't have a practice scheduled today," Lisa asked, picking up a chip from the assortments of snacks at the coffee table.

"I'm not planning on going anywhere, especially not planning to be a third wheel!" Rosé said, aware that Lisa is definitely going to tag her on her date with Bambam.

"Come on! It's fun when you're around!" Lisa said frustratingly, confirming Rosé's intuition. Lisa has a weird concept that having a third-wheel on a date sounds more fun than what a typical date should be. Rosé actually don't know if the concept is general to all the men Lisa dated, but it seemed to be true in most "dates" that she had with Bambam. Rosé always thinks that it's a safety net. So that Bambam wouldn't have much expectation with their relationship being more than friendship, she pities the man.