Chapter 12: Things Are Back To Normal NOT!

"Lincoln, I need you to clean up this garage. Whatever you think may be nothing but garbage, please bring it outside to the front yard. Then after that, you'll have to mow the lawn."

"Okay, dad."

"Then after you mow the lawn, you have to give Vanzilla a good wash. Understand?"

"No problem, dad." For over a week now, Lincoln had been doing nothing but chores for the entire Loud House. On the first day, he had to wax the floor of the kitchen. The next day, Lincoln had to scrub the bathroom floor, the sink and the tub of the bathroom upstairs. On day three, he had to give the living room and all the bedrooms a really good steam-clean. Just when the weekend finally arrived, Lincoln thought he was finally going to get a break from all the chores his dad dumped on him, but boy was he wrong. Saturday was by far the worst day of all.

It was all because of what the hell happened at the Masquerade Ball over a week ago. The Masquerade Ball was supposed to be Lynn Loud, Jr.'s biggest night, dancing at a beautiful ball with her very first date who was the star- quarterback of the Royal Woods Roosters. It was supposed to be her shining moment, the very moment Lynn Loud, Jr. was to truly bloom from a sports tomboy to a beautiful woman whose beauty nearly rivaled that of princesses in fairy tales. All that came crashing down, however, when Lynn locked lips with her own little brother, Lincoln, in front of over 150 students and teachers at the ball.

Lincoln found it kind of strange that his father didn't go that far with the punishment he laid on his own son. Lincoln beat up Lynn's date and then seriously made out with her, and all Lincoln got was a week of chores all over the entire house? That really was kind of bizarre to Lincoln.

After picking up another box of useless junk and bringing it outside, Lincoln laid it down on the driveway and took a breather. While working on the engine of Vanzilla, Lynn Loud, Sr. saw how exhausted Lincoln was from all the heavy lifting. So he tossed him a bottle of water. Lincoln caught it with lightning-quick reflexes and chugged it down good.

"Lincoln, I hope you're not mad at me for this punishment you have to endure. You did ruin Lynn's Masquerade Ball, after all. Why did you even go in the first place?"

Because I can't stand the thought of losing Lynn to that asshole. Because I LOVE her...

"Because it just seemed so cool, dad. I thought I'd be better off heading to the arcade, but when everybody at school kept talking about how awesome the Masquerade Ball would turn out, I felt I had to go."

"... and that was when you and Lynn..." Lincoln lowered his head in shame from his dad's words.