the one with awkwardness

Just as Andi and Spot walked out of Tim Hortons, Elmer, Finch, Albert and Race pulled into the parking lot.

"hey tiny, your boyfriend's here." Spot teased, lightly elbowing her. He then turned to Andi to see that her cheeks were bright red.

"somebody's blushing." He teased again.

"shut up." Andi smiled. The four boys then hopped out of the car and immediately found Spot and Andi.

"hey guys!" Elmer greeted, running up to them. Albert, Race and Finch then ran up after him.

"h-hi Elmer." Andi waved awkwardly.

"hi.." He replied, smiling awkwardly. There was a long awkward silence between everyone before Andi piped up.

"uhh, yeah we gotta go. We're going thrifting, right Spot?" She said quickly.

"apparently." He shrugged.

"alright lets go! So uh, bye." She took Spot's wrist and dragged him to her car.

"so Didi's later?!!" Spot yelled behind him.

"sure!" Race replied.

"WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?!" She yelled as soon as she closed the door.

"I mean, I guess we're going thrifting. Which I'm down for so start the car, tiny." Spot answered, buckling his seatbelt.

"Spot Conlon!" Andi scolded.

"okay fine, I'll be serious." He said, putting his hands up.

"we've never been awkward, EVER! For the first time in eleven years, we were AWKWARD! How the hell did that even happen??" She ranted, resting her head on the wheel.

"it's like when I finally admit to the world that I'm in love with my best friend, I forget how to talk to him!" She added. At that, Spot's eyes went wide in shock. Did Andi just admit that she was in love with Elmer?

"I mean, why do you think I started dating Morris? To try and get over Elmer. And it was working until he cheated on me. I really liked Mo... or I thought I did. When I was with Elm that night, my feelings started to come back again." She then pick up her head off of the wheel and looked at Spot, who was still wearing his shocked expression.

"and then you tell me that he likes me and now I don't know how to feel." She said quietly.

"what do you mean? You like him and he likes you! What else is there to know!?"

"I'm in love with my best friend! What happens if we start going out then break up?? Eleven years of friendship gone just like that? I made the mistake of losing him once, I'm not losing him again." Andi explained.

"but you're still in love with Elmooo." Spot teased, poking her cheek. Her cheeks turned red and she groaned before saying,

"okay, I get it! I'm in love with my best friend."

    "how the hell did that happen?" Albert asked as they walked into Tim Hortons.

"I don't know! I've been in love with Andi for a while and we've never been awkward like that!" Elmer almost yelled.

"d-do you think she knows...?" He asked softly.

"nah, I don't think so. But what if Andi likes you back? Think, you and Andi have been friends forever and you're only awkward now. People who were friends for a long time are only awkward when they like each other, oooor if one clogged the other's toilet. Point is. Andi might like you back, Elm." Race replied. With his words, everybody's eyes went wide.

"did Race just-" Finch started.

"say something-" Albert added.

"smart?" Elmer finished.

"Hey! I may be an idiot, but I'm not dumb." He pouted, crossing his arms.

"aaand he's back." Finch said. While he thought it would be nice for the girl he's in love with to like him back, he also hoped she didn't. He thought about what would happen if they started going out, then if they broke up. Eleven years of friendship gone just like that because of a fight? He couldn't imagine what it would be like to lose his best friend for good. He finally got her back and he'd do anything to not lose her again.

"EARTH TO ELMO!" Albert yelled, waving his hand over his face.

"oh, uhm sorry, I zoned out." He answered.

"thinkin' about Andi??" Race teased, wearing his signature cocky smirk on his face.

"no!" Elmer replied defensively.

"sure you're not. Look at you, you're blushing." Finch said, poking his cheek. Everytime he poked it, Elmer could feel his cheeks turn more red. He finally gave in and put his hands up in defeat.

"okay I get it! I'm in love with my best friend."