the one with double trouble

A week has passed and thankfully, Katherine didn't explode yet. Andi and Lilly have been trying their best to keep her calm, but even they knew that she would break eventually.

Katherine was walking down the halls with Race when Jack ran up to them.

"guys I need advice!" He called, almost running over Race.

"watch it!" He whacked Jack with his backhand. "and what do ya need advice for?"

Jack took a deep breath. "well I kind of want to... ask Eden out." He confessed shyly. When Jack said that, Katherine turned right around and started walking away. She couldn't take it anymore. She likes Jack more than anything and at one point, she really thought that he liked her back. But she figured that she was wrong.

"Kath, where ya goin'?" Jack asked.

"class." Katherine answered, without looking back.

"but class is this way...?" He reminded her, pointing behind him with his thumb.

"we still have ten minutes of break."

Race leaned towards Jack. "I'll handle it." He then ran after Katherine. On the way, he passed by Andi who had her head in her locker. He didn't know who to go to. But he knew that Jack would never ask out a girl without advice from his friends first, so he went to Andi.

"Andi?" She turned towards him and she seemed to be... crying? "Andi, what's wrong?" He asked.

"I um... failed my test, that's all." Andi lied, but that didn't convince Race.

"show me." He ordered and held his hand out.

"you know I don't like showing people my tests." She defended, crossing your arms.

"and I know that you never score lower than an eighty-five percent." Race stated with a smirk. "come on, what's going on?" He asked again.

"nothing's going on, I'm fine!" Andi snapped, slammed her locker shut and stormed off to class. Race froze as he watched Andi walk further away with him.

"what was that about?" Mush, who saw Andi snap, wondered.

"I- I don't know, that isn't like her." He replied quietly. Mush then turned Race around and dragged him to class.

"he can't ask Eden out! No one would want to date that... that bitch! And she's not even Jack's type!" Katherine ranted to Crutchie. "he calls himself an observant person but can't see the hints I drop? Ugghhh." She groaned and put her head in her hands.

"Kath, you know that Jack would never ask out a girl without all of our advice. And no one in our group likes Eden, so it's for sure that he won't go through with it." Crutchie reassured and placed a hand on Katherine's shoulder.

Katherine wore a small smile. "you're right."

"and maybe... now's a good time to tell Jack how you feel?" Crutchie suggested.

"Crutch, I- how would I- should I-" Suddenly, Jack came running towards the two.

"just the two I've been looking for!" He exclaimed. "I need your advice. I'd ask everyone else, but the truth is, I only listen to your advice." He admitted and chuckled.

"shoot."

"so I really want to ask Eden out, but I don't know how." Jack stated and Katherine went off like a bomb.

"you're kidding, right?!" She yelled and pushed past him, storming down the halls. She's never been more hurt. After all these hints she was dropping, Jack didn't get at least one of them. She was glad that it was the end of the day, she didn't think she could hold her tears in for any longer.

"how oblivious are you?" Crutchie asked and lightly hit him with his back hand.

"what?"

"Katherine likes you!"

Jack's eyes widened. "w-what?"

"she likes you back, dummy!" Crutchie repeated. "and you probably hurt her feelings by asking her advice 'bout another girl!"

"how could I be so stupid?" Jack mumbled. Crutchie then gave him a light push.

"go get her!" With that, Jack ran down the halls and out of the school. When he made it out, he saw that Katherine's driver had just parked and she was about to climb into the car.

"Kath!" Jack yelled. All she did was glance at him before closing the door.

"step on it." Katherine demanded. With that, they drove away from the school. Crutchie then came up to him.

"I have to talk to her!" Jack told her.

"she's not allowed to have people over!"

"I don't care. I probably just ruined our friendship!" Jack and Crutchie then climbed into Jack's car and they drove off to Katherine's.

    It was a long drive, considering that Katherine lives far from their school, but soon, they made it. Jack hopped out of the car, ran to their front door and rang the doorbell. Seconds later, her father's assistant, Hannah, opened the door.

"yes?" She asked, raising her eyebrows.

"I need to talk to Katherine." Jack stated.

"I'm sorry, she's not allowed to have visitors." Hannah apologized and begun to close the door.

"wait!" Jack called and she opened the door again. "what if ya get her to come outside?" He suggested.

"one minute." With that, Hannah closed the door and went to get Katherine. After what seemed like forever, the door opened again. Jack was disappointed when it wasn't Katherine at the door.

"she says she doesn't want to see you." Hannah told him softly.

Jack sighed. "it's okay. Thanks for tryin'." He replied sadly and made his way back to his car.

"it's okay, Jack. She'll come around." Crutchie comforted. With that, the two drove away from Katherine's house.

    Katherine watched as they drove away. She really thought that he liked her back. But all they were going to be is friends. But something inside her hoped that he followed her home to tell her that he likes her. If she went to talk to him, it could've been a perfect time to tell him how she feels about him. Maybe she should've went and talked to him.

———————————————————
REEEEEEEEEEEEE