the one with the waiting room

Andi was texting Katherine when she heard a knock on her window.

"what does he want?" She asked herself. She then opened the window to see Elmer's mother instead of her boyfriend. Tears were falling down her face and she was trembling.

"Mrs. Kas, are you okay?" Andi asked and followed her into Elmer's room.

"Andi, it's Elmer... And Racetrack, Albert and Finch." She informed quietly.

Andi's eyes went wide. "wh- what do you mean?" She asked.

As soon as Elmer's father parked the car, Andi hopped out and ran into the hospital, straight to the reception desk.

"where are they?" She panicked. "Elmer Kasprzak, Anthony Higgins, Patrick Cortes and Albert DaSilva." She listed quickly.

"I'm sorry, we can only give out information to family members." The receptionist replied with no remorse of Andi's scared state.

Andi grew frustrated. "listen ma'am" She slammed her hands on the desk. "my best friends were taken in here and if you don't tell us where they are, I'll
find a way to-" Before she could say another word, Elmer's father pulled her back and put a hand over her mouth.

"where is Elmer Kasprzak?" Elmer's mother asked, way more politely than Andi.

"are you the mom?" The receptionist wondered, raising her eyebrows.

"yes."

"ya can't see him right now, doctors are doin' some work on him." She stated, obnoxiously chewing gum.

"how long will it be?" Elmer's father asked.

The receptionist rolled her eyes. "do I look like I know? Go sit over there an' wait." She demanded and motioned to the waiting room. Andi trailed behind Elmer's parents, flipped off the receptionist and walked into the waiting room.

"I saw that, Didi." Elmer's mother remarked. Suddenly, Andi's phone went off, which she answered.

"dad it's okay, I'm at the hospital with Elmer's parents." She reassured.

"they got hit by a drunk driver." She choked.

"Race, Finch and Albert too."

"okay... thanks."

"bye dad, love you too." She hung up. She then sat in between Elmer's parents, who both put an arm around her.

"so, Andi..." Elmer's mother started, breaking the silence. "mom's still in London?" She asked. Andi leaned her head on Elmer's mother's shoulder.

"yup. And I miss her a lot." She replied.

9:30pm

    Race and Albert's parents walked in and they seemed to be frustrated with the receptionist too.

"can you believe her?" Albert's mother complained, motioning to the desk behind her.

Elmer's father laughed. "Andi flipped her off." He remarked, lightening up the mood. Soon, Finch's parents, Jack, Spot, Katherine, Mush, Jojo, Crutchie and Romeo were all in the waiting room.

10:15pm

Andi was laying on Romeo's lap, who was nervously playing with her hair, Jojo and Katherine were rambling on about the worst things that could happen, Mush and Jack were trying to shut them up, Spot sat there quieter than a mouse and Crutchie was reassuring everyone that everything will be alright.

They were all getting sleepy when a doctor walked into the waiting room.

"you guys here for..." He looked down at his clipboard. "Elmer, Albert, Patrick and Anthony?" He asked. The four boys' parents all stood up and Andi shot up.

"a-are they okay?" Andi wondered, holding onto Romeo's wrist like her life depended on it. The doctor simply nodded and lead the four sets of parents to their sons. Romeo wrapped Andi in a hug, which she returned and laid her head on his shoulder.

"they'll be alright, Di." Romeo reassured, rubbing her arm.

"I know, Rome. 'Cause I don't know what I'd do without them." She replied quietly.

    10:30pm

    There was a quiet knock on the door and Finch's mother slipped into the waiting room. Again, Andi shot up.

"are they okay?" She asked.

"they're all unconscious at the moment, they might be in a coma." Finch's mother explained. Andi's heart dropped and Romeo held her tighter. Race's mother walked into the waiting room.

"do you guys want to see your friends?" She asked. Without any second thought, they all rushed out of the waiting room. Race and Finch's mothers lead them to their rooms, which were all next to each other.

"we only let in two at a time right now, so you'll have to see them separately." The doctor explained.

"Kath an' I will go see Albert first." Jack stated. He then took Katherine's hand and walked into the room Albert was in.

"me and Andi will go see Finch." Mush announced. Andi agreed, knowing that if she went to see Elmer first, she wouldn't leave his side.

11:30pm

Andi sat beside Elmer's bed, holding onto his hand and hoping that soon, she'll feel his hand grip on her's.

"you'll be alright, Elm. You have to be, 'cause I really don't know what I'm gonna do without you." She whispered, only looking at their hands. She couldn't look at him. She's never seen him like this before, his face was bruised and she could tell that he was in pain, even though he was sleeping.

Finally, she looked at him and tears started falling down her face.

She took a deep, shaky breath. "you'll be alright." She whispered once again. She stood up, leaned down and kissed his forehead.

"I love you."