the one with a new kid II

As soon as Andi, Race and Romeo walked into their english class, their teacher started the class.

"Roald Dahl." She stated, getting the attention of the class.

"do we know who he is?" She asked, looking at everybody.

"wrote Boom Chicka Boom!" Andi guessed confidently. Elmer shot her a look that said "really?"

"okay," Their teacher enunciated. "what about Robert Munsch?" She tried.

"wrote Boom Chicka Boom!" Andi guessed as confident as last time, making the class laugh.

Their english teacher took a deep breath. "Dr. Seuss?" She asked, done with life. Elmer then looked at Andi.

"come on, Andi, you know this one." Elmer pleaded. She smiled at him mischievously and raised her hand up slowly.

"Boom. Chicka. Boom." She answered slowly, enunciating each word. She could practically feel Elmer roll his eyes. Davey then raised his hand up.

"Ms. Medda, these are all children books' authors. We're in highschool, aren't we supposed to be learning about more advanced books?" He asked.

Ms. Medda clicked her tongue. "ahhh, you are in highschool, so why am I telling you about children's authors?" She questioned. She waited for somebody to answer, but nobody did, so she continued.

"because the books you read as children has great messages, you just didn't know it at the time." She explained. She picked up a marker and wrote on the board:

CHILDREN'S BOOK

"your assignment-" At that, everybody in the class groaned and Ms. Medda laughed.

"your assignment is to find a partner and study a children's book. Find the message in it." She stated.

At lunch, Andi skipped to their table with a girl, that nobody has seen before, by her side.

"hey guys, how do y'all feel 'bout letting new people into our group?" She wondered, with a big smile on her face.

"Munchkin, you don't think we-" Albert turned around to see who Andi was talking about. When he saw her, his eyes went wide. "yes" He stated.

Spot scoffed. "the only way your mind will change that fast is if you see a pretty blonde-" Spot turned around  and when he saw her, his eyes went wide. He blinked a few times to make sure he wasn't dreaming.

"Lilly?" He asked in disbelief.

"hi Spotty." She waved. Spot jumped up and gave her a long hug.

"holy shit I- wha-" He stuttered and pulled away. "what are you doing here?" He asked.

Lilly laughed. "I go here now!" She exclaimed,.

"why didn't you tell me?" Before Lilly could answer, Katherine piped in and asked the question that was on everybody's mind.

"you two know each other?" She wondered.

"yeah, she's my best friend from Brooklyn." Spot replied and put an arm around her.

"we're like you guys," He motioned to Andi and Elmer. "but... less powerful." He added quietly, hoping nobody heard him.

"so, Lilly, ya got a boyfriend?" Romeo winked.

"Romeo!" They scolded and threw food at him, making Lilly laugh.

Romeo put his hands up in defeat. "what? I'm just shooting my shot!" He defended, resulting in Jack hitting his gut.

"no Romeo, I don't have a boyfriend." Lilly answered sweetly and Romeo's eyes lit up.

"and I'm not looking for one." Romeo's eyes dimmed. "but you're cute." She added, making him blush.

"so, Lilly," Albert started, getting her attention.

"anyone show you around the school yet?" He asked, hoping that nobody has yet.

"no, not yet, why?" Lilly answered, tilting her head in curiosity.

"maybe... I can show you around...?" He suggested shyly, a light shade of pink colouring his cheeks.

Lilly let out a quiet laugh. "uh sure... yeah- uh- okay!" She smiled. Albert grabbed his backpack for and the two left the cafeteria together. Everyone looked at each other silent and confused, not knowing what the hell just happened. The silence was then broken when Romeo scoffed.

"oh! So you let him shoot his shot and not me?" He asked, resulting in everybody throwing food at him.
————————————————————
in case y'all don't know who Lilly is, she's the OC in my Albert story, Wouldn't ya like to know 😬 I really wanted to plug her into this story so I did, yay!