will you..?

That night, Andi heard a knock on her window, so she opened it to see Elmer sitting on the tree in between their houses.

"how in the hell did you sneak away?" He wondered with a laugh which made Andi blush.

"I have my ways." She smiled.

"can I come in?" He asked, motioning to her room. Andi then stepped to the side.

"'course!" She replied. Elmer then climbed into her window and the two stood there awkwardly, so Elmer decided to say something.

"you know what my favourite thing about you is?" He started, walking closer to her. Andi looked up at him and slowly shook her head.

"it's how much fire you got. Even with all the shit that happens in your life, the fire never dies." He added, smiling at the last bit.

"and everyone can agree that you're scary," He let out a small laugh. "even Spot."

"I've always been scared of you... and the moment I found out that I could have a chance with you." He walked even closer to her and put his hands on her cheeks.

He scoffed. "it was the scariest moment of my life." Andi just furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"what are ya talking bout, Dallas?" She asked.

"I'm in love with you," He turned to her open window and looked to the tree where Spot, Race, Albert and Finch were all sitting on.

"but you already knew that 'cause SPOT TOLD YOU!" He yelled at Spot, in which he put his hands up in defeat.

Andi stared at him blankly. "words." She said quietly.

He took his hands off of her cheeks. "huh?"

""i'm in love with you," those are just words." She stated so quiet, it was almost a whisper.

"words with meaning." Elmer pouted.

"but how do I know that they mean something?" Andi asked with a frustrated tone.

She took a deep breath. "how will I ever know that they mean anything?" She added and sat on her bed.

"Di, why are you being like this?" He asked, trying
to stay calm.

"like what?" She scoffed.

Elmer turned her way. "this? You know that I'm in love with you and I know that you believe it..." His eyes then softened.

"but I also know that you don't want to believe it. Why?" He added.

Andi looked down. "because I'm in love with you too." She mumbled so quietly that Elmer couldn't make up the words that she had just said.

"huh?"

She put her hands on her head. "because I'm in love with you too!" She confessed louder and stood up.

"I'm so in love with you that it terrifies me! 'Cause I- I never felt like this and I have no fuckin' idea what to do, alright? I'm in love with my best friend! How is that not terrifying?!" She ranted.

"I got hurt before, and I'm scared of getting hurt again. And the fact that I'm in love..." She sat down on her bed and put her head in her hands for a couple of seconds. She then looked back up, resting her chin in her hands.

Tears started forming in her eyes. "I'm scared that I'm gonna lose you one day and I'm scared that it's going to hurt way more than it did last time." She admitted.

Elmer took a few steps forward, went on his knees, took Andi's hands. At first, he hesitated, but once he started to lean forward, he didn't stop until his lips met Andi's. He pulled away shortly to see a slight smile on her face.

"you're my best friend, Andi. The last thing I'd ever want to do is hurt you." He promised quietly, looking right into her bright eyes.

"that's what Morris told me." Andi whispered, not taking her eyes off of his.

"Morris is a dick." Elmer stated and let out a small laugh.

"And the difference between me and Morris, is that I promised you that I would never hurt you years ago, remember?" He reminded and Andi nodded slowly.

"and I've always kept that promise, right?" Again, Andi nodded slowly.

"promise me this will work?" She asked.

"I can't, I'm sorry. But I can promise you that I hope it'll work." Elmer replied. He then stood up without letting go of her hands.

"do you trust me?" He asked.

Andi stood up. "of course. I've always trusted you." She replied.

Elmer then took a long breath. "will you be my girlfriend?"

"yeah," She breathed.

She let out a quiet laugh. "yeah, of course." She laughed some more which made Elmer smile.

"really?" He asked, laughing as well and Andi slapped his shoulder with her backhand.

"fuck you mean, "really?" Of course I'll be your girlfriend." Before Andi could take another breath, Elmer pulled her in for a hug, which she returned.

She pulled away and their faces were so close together, she knew what she had to do. She looked at his lips and looked back up to his eyes. She smiled before going for it. Then, it happened. She kissed her best friend. They then pulled away, both smiling stupid.

"note to self, don't confess feelings to Didi when she's in a bad mood." He laughed, remembering how angry she was after detention.

"fuck off." Andi retorted, laughing as well. Suddenly, they heard a knock on Andi's window. They opened it to see Race who was now the only one on the tree, Spot, Finch and Albert being in Elmer's room.

"y'all together yet?" Race asked.

"yeah." Andi laughed.

Race looked back to Elmer's room. "they're together guys!" He announced and the boys in Elmer's room started to cheer.

"NOW KISS!" Spot yelled resulting in Finch punching him in the shoulder.

"what was that for?" He complained, throwing his hands up and letting them fall.

"shut it." Finch demanded making Albert laugh.

"but you guys are gonna kiss, right?" Spot asked.

Elmer laughed. "we already did!" He replied.

"HA HA!" Albert teased and Spot socked his shoulder.

"y'all suck." Spot whined and Albert laughed, rubbing his shoulder where he was sure a bruise was already forming.

"you know Race, I'm surprised it wasn't you who Elmo found out from." Andi laughed.

"what can I say? I'm improvin'!" He replied, smiling widely.
————————————————————
this was a rollercoaster