Chapter Eight: Lies

Jungkook parked his car in front of a hotel's parking lot. He switched off the car but didn't get out immediately, giving himself a few minutes to breathe and collect his thoughts. He needed to do something about this, it was hurting him and didn't seem like anyone noticed or cared. With a deep sigh, he got out of the car and walked toward the entrance, the receptionist already knew who he was so he only bowed his head politely to his boss.

Jungkook merely nodded his head in acknowledgment, the man's eyes made him feel uneasy, although it might have been his insecurities playing tricks on his mind. Not only him, but he was also ashamed whenever someone looked at him as if the whole world knew his secret. He finally reached one of the elevators much to his relief. It was one of the VIP ones, only working with fingerprints which had access to the residential suites.

Once entering the lavish space he glanced around after not finding her he made his way to the bedroom. There she was, sitting on his bed in a red dress already knowing that Jungkook had a weakness for short red dresses.

"What happened?" He asked softly, heart clenching when she turned around with red, puffy eyes and tear stained cheeks. She quickly stood up and ran to him, throwing herself in his already open arms.

"He...he broke up with me." She sobbed in his chest, Jungkook's eyes narrowed at her.

"Mila." He called her name catching her attention, she looked at him sniffing.

"Why are you here?"

"Wha...what do you mean?" Mila stammered, hands clutching his shirt.

"Haven't we've been here before? You coming here crying and me telling you what to do only for you to ignore it and run back to him again?" He hissed, pulling away from her much to her confusion.

"Kookie" her voice trembled and Jungkook started to regret his words. He hated to hurt Mila, but she was hurting him.

To others, Mila and Taehyung were the perfect couple, but Jungkook knew the dark side of their relationship. Every now and then Mila would come to him crying her eyes out saying how terrible Taehyung was and that he didn't understand her or other things, it was always something different. He would tell her that he loves her and she shouldn't go back to Taehyung, she will spend a few days with him, drowning him in her sweet scent and words, warping a web of false emotions around him with sugarcoated lies, and once she makes sure that she has him warped around her finger she will leave. She would leave and won't be back for a long time.

She would come back the moment she sensed her spell on him was fading away.

"Don't you love me anymore?" She began to kiss his neck and jaw. "It's because of her isn't it?" She hissed after a few moments of staring at his doe eyes.

So she saw it too, the one name that brought a warm, fuzzy feeling to his heart, (Y/n). The one he wanted to love, and he would, once he escaped Mila's lies.

"What if it is?" He snapped watching her eyes widening.

"You...you're right..." she let out a bitter chuckle, "what is it to me? I'm sorry if I'm bothering you this much."

"That's not what I..." Jungkook was cut off by her

"That's exactly what you meant, I thought you're my friend, I thought you loved me, well was that a fucking lie? You said you will always help me, that you will always be there for me..." she screamed.

"Mila babe..."

"Don't," she furiously wiped her tears and picked her purse "I'm leaving, you can go to you little slut without interruption."