Chapter Eighteen: I love you

❃❃❃

                 𝐼𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑖𝑛𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑣𝑒, 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑦 𝐼 𝑓𝑒𝑙𝑙 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑦𝑜𝑢.

                   𝐿𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑎𝑛 𝑒𝑓𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑙𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑏𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑡ℎ.

                                                                    𝐽𝑜𝑠ℎ 𝑊𝑎𝑙𝑘𝑒𝑟

                                          ❃❃❃

When they arrived at the hospital Jungkook was already under surgery. After 7 hours doctor finally announced that luckily they managed to stop the initial bleeding and that his brain wasn't damaged and only a small blow to the skull but the problem with his spine was a little bit serious and he probably wouldn't be able to walk for a while. It's been three days since the accident and he was still unconscious. Doctors had said that they did all they could and it was up to him now to wake up. (Y/n) never left his side even when his parents had to leave for work or just to take a break but she stayed. The guys came to visit regularly but the hospital didn't allow them to stay after visiting hours were over. Mila hadn't shown up the whole time which was for her own good because (Y/n) was already planning her murder in her head. She just needed to make sure Jungkook was ok before going to jail. Speaking of Jungkook, seeing his lifeless body on a hospital bed with all those machines and wires broke her heart into a million pieces. She never even imagined that Jungkook's well-being would be this important for her. They weren't close and Jungkook was a jerk to her, she shouldn't have been worried about him. But here she was praying to every force to bring him back to them.

It was the morning of the fourth day, her, Felix, and Jimin were sitting outside Jungkook's room, talking. Both guys exchanged worried glances when they saw her state, big dark circles under her eyes, she was visibly pale and seemed like she had lost some weight, not noticeable if you didn't pay close attention.

"You should go home and rest, I will be here, I'll let you know if anything happens," Jimin said softly, he sighed when she shook her head.

"I can't..." her voice was calm but that didn't mean she was actually calm.

"Look, (Y/n)... I know you guys were together and you care for him but you can't do this to yourself."

"It's my fault." A tear fell from her eyes which Jimin was quick to whip with her thumb.

"Nothing's your fault baby don't say that."

"I knew Mila was cheating." Her voice cracked and soon she began to cry. "The day we fought... I thought...maybe it was better if he...if he found out...I swear I didn't know this would happen...and then, I just let him leave. I should've stopped him. It's my fault, Chim."

"This isn't your fault. Mila being a bitch and Kookie running straight in a wall isn't your fault. You were right if it was you telling him that Mila might've denied it. And you heard his doctor, he's stable now, it's just a matter of time before he wakes up. He will come back to us." He bite his lips, eyes filled with tears but now wasn't the time to cry, not in front of (Y/n) who was already broken. "Right Felix?"

Felix looked startled for a second before grinning and nodding his head. "Ofcourse, Jungkook hyung is a tough guy."

As if their situation wasn't bad enough the woman whose husband was kept in the room at the end of the hallway started to wail for his husband who just passed away. A bed came out of the room, with a body laying on it, covered by white sheets. (Y/n)'s stomach churned. Would she cry like that if anything happens to Jungkook? No way, she wasn't his girlfriend, she didn't even love him. Did she? No. Maybe after Taehyung mentioned him having a crush on (Y/n) the way she looked at him changed, maybe seeing him with Mila made her chest tightened, maybe his bunny smile made her insides feeling funny and fuzzy, maybe she got lost whenever she looked into his doe eyes, but she didn't love him...and maybe, just maybe, she was lying.

Their heads turned to the group of nurses rushing into Jungkook's room, one of them was instructing others. The trio jumped to their feet.

"Wha...what's happening?" Jimin stopped one of the nurses but she just told him to calm down before rushing into the room herself.

After what seemed like forever a nurse finally came out and said that Jungkook was awake now. His friends cried with joy and Jimin called everyone giving them the happy news. Meanwhile, the doctor checked up on him and said he could accept visitor, but only one.

"Let's do rock paper scissor," Jin said who was the first one to arrive saying he was already on his way to the hospital when Jimin called.

"Really? Hyung?" Jimin sighed.

"Who's (Y/n)?" A nurse popped her head out of the room looking at them.

"Me...I'm (Y/n)." (Y/n) stepped closer to her.

"The patient wants to see you."

"Oh?" Jin said amused.

Ok. Now all she wanted was to run away. Not sure why but she was nervous asf and she couldn't come to face him.

'Idiot!' She yelled at herself inside her head. 'Idiot! Idiot! Idiot!'

Finally stepping into the room her eyes met with his restless ones. She slowly walked up to him, ignoring the sting in her eyes and the lump in her throat.

"(Y/n)..." he breathed, not recognizing his own voice. He reached out and took her hand pulling her into his arms, sobs left both their mouths and they stood like that for a few minutes.

"I thought I'd never see you again...I was...I was scared. Thought I would die." Jungkook said between sobs.

"You idiot..." (Y/n) pulled away, glaring at him with bloodshot eyes, "what were you thinking? You could've really died." Now that she thought about it, she wanted to kill him herself!...yup...

"If you lovebirds are finished we would like to join too," Jin shouted from the outside followed by others whispering to him to shut up and not shout in hospital. Jungkook and (Y/n) burst into a fit of laughter, neither taking their eyes away from the other one. Jungkook tried to take her beauty in as much as he could, afraid he would not live another day to see her angelic face, her beautiful eyes. It was like her eyes were singing a Greek tragedy, sad, gorgeous, chaotic.

"I love you."

Her eyes widened at his blunt words. Jungkook swallowed thickly. "I've loved you for a long time and I wasted my time all this time by trying to lie to myself and others that I didn't love you but I do I fucking do...I just woke up from a coma-like situation and I just realized my girlfriend...my ex-girlfriend was a cheater...I... I don't want you to be my girlfriend...not now at least. I didn't even say I love you for you to say it back, I just said it to make sure that you know." He took a deep breath before continuing, "I almost died...I'm not gonna waste any more time just because I'm afraid of rejection or scared you tell me you're in love with Taehyung...I love you and I want to get to know you more...as friends Ofcourse...and then...if you wanted...in future...we...maybe we can be something more."

"That was the most fucked up confession I've ever heard." Jin scrunched up her nose in disgust.

"Jin!" (Y/n) screamed, covering her face, embarrassed.

"I agree." Yoongi joined too.

"Dude at least he finally grew a pair of balls to do it." Jimin laughed. "That's it Kookie, take your girl back."