chapter 3

stream^

"You're up early", Jaemin said as he looked up to meet my eyes

"I'm always up early. I'm punctual", I chuckled. Jaemin raised an eyebrow, not believing me. "When I have classes."

"There you go", Jaemin chuckled as well. "I made breakfast for everyone. You should eat first before the others eat."

I nodded and sat by the counter. He placed a plate in front of me, full of homemade food.

"Can I pick up my jewelry that I'm going to sell later in the afternoon?", I asked Jaemin who sat beside me. "I need to ship them out by Wednesday."

"I'll drop by your place to get the remaining things you have", Jaemin said. "I'll also negotiate with your landlady."

"Now, really?", I raised an eyebrow. "How are you going to convince her?"

"You know I have stunning looks", he boasted, showing off his handsome face that makes me feel a hundred times uglier. "I'm also good with my words."

"You know, I can always negotiate with her and get my own things", I told him, eating a spoonful of food. "I can't depend on you guys all the time."

"It's not all the time. Plus, you finished therapy just half a year ago. You've been perfectly better ever since", Jaemin started to lecture me. "I don't want you to go through all that pain. It hurts me as a parent."

It was all going emotional until that last sentence.

"Alright, dad", I retorted and focused on my food.

"I have a shoot in an hour so I have to go now", Jaemin informed. "A wedding shoot is my favorite photoshoot."

"Did I ask?", I questioned and he pouted.

"You're no fun", Jaemin sighed. "At least Jisung loves me."

"You're not his favorite though", I said and Jaemin was on his last straw. "Okay, okay, just go."

"I will", Jaemin muttered and left the place.

I finished up my food and was chilling at the living room, waiting for time to pass by so that I could attend my first class. While chilling, I saw a furry animal walking.

"Renjun! Why is Mei in the living room?!", I shouted. I didn't even know how to spell that cat's name. May? Mai? Mae? How am I supposed to know. It doesn't pay rent, doesn't concern me. "Huang Renjun!"

"What?!", Renjun shouted from the corridor, making his way to the living room. "She usually roams around the place when the two aren't here."

Renjun was wearing sweatpants and an oversized tshirt which made him shorter than he already was. He picked up Mei and hugged her, placing her down right after. He picked up her food bowl and refilled it. "Here's your food."