chapter 7

The days passed by after that whole incident, that they definitely over exaggerated, in my opinion

The days passed by after that whole incident, that they definitely over exaggerated, in my opinion. There is goodness in every person, I think. Haechan and I were still not on the friendliest of terms, but it was better than before as we shared a minute or two conversations a day. 

"Ahyoung, did you see a flashdrive lying around?", Haechan asked, looking around but failed to find it. "It's something very important. It has some files in it as well."

"I haven't seen it. I've been busy with packaging my customers' orders that I didn't see it anywhere", I replied, pointing to the duffle bag filled with packages. "Maybe you left it somewhere outside."

"Probably. I remember I left it in the room though", he muttered, taking one last look around before grabbing onto the doorknob. "Thanks anyways. If you find it, give it to me right away."

"Will do", I assured him, plopping down on my bed afterwards.

"I'll head out now", Haechan informed me.

"You don't have to tell me everything you do", I told him.

"I mean, I'm not going to come back. I'll be settling some things tonight so I won't be here", he elucidated. "Just letting you know."

"Oh, okay", I said. "Stay safe I guess."

He left the room, closing the door shut. I was left there alone, which I liked a lot. Girl problems and rooming with a guy were difficult to manage, especially having to wear a bra even when I sleep. It was awfully uncomfortable.

"I should probably clean up", I muttered to myself, realizing it was my turn to clean the room and the bathroom as well, which was a hassle but it was nice that Haechan stuck to the schedule given.

"Isn't this the flashdrive that Haechan was talking about?", I questioned myself, finding it hidden under his bed. "He didn't even bother to check under his bed."

I placed it somewhere safe, which was in my drawer, so that it won't be misplaced again when I return it back to him. I continued to clean the place until it was spotless, returning everything back in order. I went out of my room and found Renjun in the living room, chilling with Mei.

"Why are you still up?", Renjun asked as he stroked Mei gently. "It's literally 11pm."

"I cleaned Haechan and I's room", I responded. "Oh right, by the way. If Haechan ever stops by when I'm not here tomorrow, say that I found his flashdrive and I placed it in the top drawer of my table."

"Are you going somewhere tomorrow?", he asked.

"I'm going to the library with Chenle. He's gonna tutor me math", I answered. "My professor doesn't teach well, so Chenle is my last resort."

"Well, okay. I'll get Mei out of your face and I will continue my painting", Renjun said, getting up from the couch as he made his way to his room.

"Oh, wait", I muttered to myself. "Why did I go outside again?"

I was having one of those dumb bitch moments, forgetting the reason why I went out. I thought about it, but nothing was clicking.

"How forgetful can I get", I sighed.

I decided to call it a day and went back in my room to sleep. I switched the lights, plopping onto my bed and hugging one of my favorite pillows, as it has become a habit. Strangely, Haechan and I share the same habit of hugging a pillow while we sleep. I never asked him about it, but it seems like he can't sleep without hugging anything.

I slept for a good four hours until I was awakened by loud noises. My eyelids fluttered, adjusting to the sudden new environment and observed what was happening. Surprisingly, I saw Haechan playing games on his laptop, the uproarious volume definitely could wake up the whole neighborhood.

"Can you lower it down?", I asked, my groggy voice was definitely not the most beautiful thing to hear.

"It's not the same without loud sounds", Haechan muttered. "Bear with it. I'm pretty stressed."

"I thought you were going to come back tomorrow?", I questioned.

He didn't reply right away, as he was busy playing and was trying his best to not die in the game. He ended up losing the game quickly, then cursed at his teammates.

"I just swung by to play some games to relieve stress. I'm gonna leave at around 5am", Haechan explained.

"I bet I can beat you at a game", my competitive ass was on even if I woke up a couple of minutes ago.

"Are you sure?", Haechan questioned. "To remind you, I'm a professional and famous gamer."

"Not famous enough to be recognized in public though", I replied and got out of bed, getting my chair and pulling it beside him. "I'll pick the game."

He let me do what I wanted and I decided to pick a game that wasn't that stressful to play.

"You're kidding me, right?", Haechan questioned. "Fireboy and watergirl is a teamwork game. It"s not even a competition."

"I don't care", I responded and started the game. "You're like fireboy, very hotheaded."

"Well, you're also fireboy", he replied back.

We completed each level with ease, but Haechan decided to be playful and purposely made mistakes.

"Hey! I want to complete this level already", I whined. "Stop doing it on purpose."

"It's my joy to see you pissed off", he teased. "It's not even a competition, don't get so riled up."

"I hate you", I scoffed, leaving him alone to play the game and climbed in my bed.

"You're really just gonna sleep after we completed so many levels?", he questioned, which I didn't reply to. "Well, uh, thanks for playing with me I guess. I'll go out again now."

He turned off his computer and headed outside, closing the lights in his way out.

"Oh fuck, I forgot to tell him about the flashdrive."

[a/n: will republish my doyoung fanfic when i pre-write 3/4 of it!! i'm currently 1/4 done ]