chapter 30

"Why am I the one who was brought here to help pick the dress again?", Jaemin asked as he rested on the bench

"Why am I the one who was brought here to help pick the dress again?", Jaemin asked as he rested on the bench. His left leg over his right while his arms were folded. "I told you I fancied wedding shoots but I don't know how to pick out dresses."

"That's why I'm here," Taeyong barged in the room. He had his hand clutching on a tall guy. "I brought Johnny with me. You gotta be the prettiest one there or I will kill."

"I don't know whether I should be scared of how Taeyong would kill or the height of the guy he brought," I thought out loud. The height of the guy was intimidating, but he wore a pleasant smile on his face. "I had to ask for help because Chenle's mom had to cancel our schedule. I can't blame her."

"I will make sure you're going to be the loveliest one there," Johnny beamed and sat down beside Jaemin who made him seem tiny although he was on the taller side. "I'm pretty gifted with fashion if I do say so myself."

"I don't want to be here but I'm thrilled that I'm being invited to your wedding," Taeyong grinned and took his seat. "Go try on the dresses!"

I giggled and peered over to Jaemin who was getting the second-hand humiliation of the two older friends. I was assisted by the staff and she aided me to put on the first dress. It was a modest white dress with lace and pearls. It wasn't one of those puffy dresses but seemed more like an informal dress.

"Honey no, that ain't it," Johnny commented the instant I stepped out of the dressing room. He pointed at the door and sighed. "It's a special day. You gotta shine bright and be alive!"

"Why was I even invited?", Jaemin groaned for the umpteenth time. He shook his head and said his views about the dress. "I think it looks too casual? Maybe try something else."

"Whatever they said," Taeyong happily stated as he anticipated for me to try the next dress. He kicked his feet in the air like a little kid who started to get impatient.

The second dress was a white off-the-shoulder dress that had a hefty quantity of layers at the bottom. It didn't have much going on and I knew that it was going to be a "no" from Johnny. I walked out of the changing room and Johnny had a bitter face.

"You're getting there but it just ain't it," Johnny spoke while using a lot of hand expressions. "Maybe the third dress. You're almost there, just needs a bit of dazzle."

I didn't understand him at this point and went back in without looking at the others for their opinions. The last dress was a white dress with a sweetheart neckline and a gem in the middle of the heart shape. The dress had fewer layers than the second but it was still puffy. The top layer was lace with small beads that sparkled when the lights shone on them.

"You look beautiful," the staff admired with a high smile on her face. "This one will positively catch their eyes."

I peaked out and saw everyone's anticipating eyes and deliberately pulled the curtain to the side. Johnny stood up spontaneously and started to clap his hands. Taeyong had a brotherly smile on his face while Jaemin's jaw dropped. I snickered at their reactions.