chapter 8

[a/n: an absolute bop that we shld stream ^ ]

"That's how you get the answer", Chenle finished up the study session, placing the books back in his bag

"That's how you get the answer", Chenle finished up the study session, placing the books back in his bag. "That's all you need to know to pass your quiz. It isn't that difficult."

"Damn, didn't know that Albert Einstein was reborn as my best friend", I sighed, packing up my things as well. "Since you tutored me, I'll treat you to something."

"I'm down", Chenle replied as the two of us walked out of the library and checked around, looking for a place to recharge and fill our stomachs. "How about Gong Cha and maybe some fries?"

"You read my mind, didn't you?", I questioned, playing with him.

"It was your go-to during highschool, I was pretty much with you every time", Chenle chuckled.

The two of us ordered our usual drinks and patiently waited for our order to be made. Once called, the two of us got our drinks and headed to the french fries stall nearby Gong Cha.

"You literally copied Jeno's order", Chenle pointed out and sipped on his milk tea afterward.

"It's not my fault that his order doesn't make me vomit or dizzy", I defended. "Also, I don't like overly sweet things. You know whenever I get chocolate, it goes straight to Jisung."

"He is going to get diabetes one day", Chenle sighed. "Why don't you give them to Jaemin?"

"His doctor told him to lessen the sweets and his coffee", I informed him. "He's watching out for himself now."

"Serves him right", he chuckled and our conversation went on.

Chenle was the person who I felt most comfortable with. He knew everything about me and how to comfort me through the littlest of things. We never liked each other, which was nice for me as I was still in the process of rebuilding myself. The only downside is that he's overly positive. Toxic positivity.

He was a great friend overall though. He himself is trying to get over the toxic positivity, which is really working out these days. Instead of saying "Don't let it get to you, stay positive", he's been saying more things like "I'm willing to listen and understand. Just tell me how you're feeling", type of sentences.

"Let's hurry and get some fries before they run out", I told him, rushing to the place and falling in line.

"Don't forget to text me whenever you're having problems", Chenle reminded me, patting my shoulder. He suddenly took out a card. "My mom and dad miss you already. They told me to give this to you and invite you over to have dinner some day."

"Sure, I will make some room in my schedule in the future when the time comes", I replied, gratefully accepting the handwritten card. "Stay safe!"

"You too, Ahyoung!", Chenle waved goodbye, the two of us parting ways.