chapter 19

"Eun Jihye?" I repeated

"Yeah, why?" she beamed.

"Have you ever dated a gamer?" I asked and she looked elsewhere while Mark woodenly peered at her. "Lee Haechan? Ring a bell?"

"Ahyoung—"

"So what? You know him?" Jihye cockily asked, resembling a thug. Her abrupt shift in attitude didn't surprise me one bit. "He was clingy. He ached to get back with me the other day but I rejected him. I'm already delighted with Mark."

"Yeah, Ahyoung. You shouldn't get associated with Haechan," Mark said. "He's a bad person. He's a liar and twists other people's words."

"No. That's you two," I clarifed. "She was the one trying to get back together with Haechan the other day. You're the only one being played here, Mark. She's going to use you and—"

"Shut up!" Jihye screeched, her hands covering her ears.

"Look, Ahyoung. I appreciate you trying to look out for me but—"

"If you mess with Haechan again, I'm not afraid to scare you with your biggest fear, Eun Jihye," I approached and whispered into her ear then backed off, looking at Mark. "Take my advice, Mark, you won't want to stay in a toxic relationship for long."

"Go try to fucking attack me you son of a bitch!" Jihye screeched in frustration, obviously agitated.

"I'm too damn pretty to get sued for animal abuse," I gritted. I brushed my fingers through my hair. I took out my pack of gum and threw it at Jihye, which she caught. "Before you fucking scream, make sure your breath smells nice. Do not contribute to air pollution."

I headed to an empty alleyway, taking a deep breath. My back hit the concrete wall as I relived my actions.

"Lee Haechan, you're making me do the wildest of actions."

Ding!

XXXX-XXX-XXXX

do you think your little lover boy
will keep me away from you for long?
you thought wrong, ahyoung

"Hey, Jeno," I called after seeing the message.

"What's up, Ahyoung?" Jeno asked. "Are you alright?"

"Can you pick me up?" I asked, my eyes darting from one side to the other, greatly paranoid. "Please?"

"I'll be there as posthaste as possible."

"What happened?" Jeno interrogated while Jaemin delivered me a mug of tepid milk. "Is it...?"

I laid down my phone with the message and slowly drank the milk. I licked my upper lip before speaking up.

"First it was Haechan's ex, then it was mine," I elucidated. "I didn't really get into a fight, I just frightened the girl a bit, you know?"