chapter 10

"What about Jaemin? He said I couldn't get it", I conveyed, shocked by the fact that he bought a puppy to apologize

"What about Jaemin? He said I couldn't get it", I conveyed, shocked by the fact that he bought a puppy to apologize. "He's going to freak out. You shouldn't have."

"I spent the whole week convincing him. So take it as an apology", Haechan explained, carefully handing over the puppy. He was contrite, as it was obvious on his face. I carried the fragile puppy in my arms, feeling emotional. "She doesn't have a name yet."

"Are you sure? Jaemin was right though, I don't have enough time to care for her all the time", I told him, feeling guilty. "You should bring her back to find a better owner."

"I'll help you out. I'm basically unemployed but not at the same time. I just need to stream or post a youtube video and I'll get money right away", Haechan assured me. "You'll be a great owner. I think."

"What should I name her?", I asked, nothing coming up my mind. "I'm not that good with names."

"Bella? Luna? Star? Byeol? Nova?", he suggested. "You can search some up if you want."

"Star? That sounds pretty", I smiled and held up the puppy to meet my eyes, exuberant that I finally got to own my own puppy. "Do you like the name Star?"

"You look dumb", he lowly chuckled at me. "Name it Star then."

"Welcome to the family, Star", my smile could reach the sky at this point as she looked so calm. It wasn't going to last, so it was best to make the most out of it.

"What family are you talking about", Haechan scoffed and plopped down on his bed, becoming one with it. "You and I?"

"No, to the whole apartment's family. Mei and Star may get into fights in the future", I answered. "Why would you think it's the two of us when we're literally separated by a duct tape divider?"

"Nothing", Haechan's eyes wandered somewhere else. "Are we going to continue the rule with the duct tape divider or..?"

"Let's continue it, you said it anyways", I replied as I placed Star on my bed, specifically on my pillow to rest. "Anyways, I accept your apology. Just make sure to stick with your word with helping me raise this little one."

"Says the little one here", he mocked.

"I am only 7 inches shorter than you", I clarified. "That's not that much of a height difference."

"Says the one who has problems reaching the cupboards", Haechan lazily said, tucking himself into bed and closed his eyes shut. He was one second away from sleeping. "Get some sleep if you want to grow taller."

"I can't do anything about my height anymore", I sighed and got into bed. I drifted off to sleep quickly, my hand on Star as she slept as well.

"Keep Mei away from Star. She may hurt her", I warned Renjun as I entered the living room, sitting down on the couch as I placed Star on my lap.

"Don't worry, Mei doesn't usually give a fuck. Star is going to be safe here", Renjun assured as his eyes stayed on Star for a moment. "I can't believe Haechan went this far for an apology."

"Why? Are you surprised?", I asked, patting Star gently.

"Totally", he answered. "He usually just clings onto me asking for me to forgive him. Highly disgusting that's why I forgive him right away."

"That's because she's another case", Haechan interjected as he joined us on the couch, sitting beside me on the end. "It was a serious fight as well."

"Suspicious but okay", Renjun brushed it off. "I'll let that slide."

"How about I slide your ass off the roof?", Haechan threatened.

"My bet is on Haechan for this one", I got up and handed over Star to Haechan. "I'll quickly go out to buy Star some toys and food."

"I'll join you", Haechan offered, but I declined. "Why not?"

"It's just a couple of blocks away. On the other side, Taeyong knows that I'm swinging by today", I elucidated. "It'll be quick."

I grabbed my wallet and phone, heading out of the apartment and walked towards the pet shop. I skipped my way there, a jolly smile on my face as I noticed I was near. Due to my elation, I didn't realize that I accidentally bumped into someone.

"I'm so sor—"

It was Dan. My ex-boyfriend.

"I revoke my apology, fuck you", I blurted out, anger replacing my joyful mood.

"Oh, well would you look at who it is", Dan smiled as if he didn't do a single wrong in the world. "How have you been? Did you miss me? I surely missed you."

"Fuck off", I cursed, not wanting to do anything with him anymore. I thought back then that if I approached him one day, I'd break down. Luckily, it wasn't going that way. "Just leave me alone, okay? I'll get going."

I walked past him, but to my surprise, he held my arm and brought me back in front of him. He chuckled as he looked down on me.

"You know what, you're like the other girls", Dan's mood changed in a split second, from a joking mood to a serious one.

"What's so wrong with it? It's not like you have a say in this", I curtly chided. "No ovaries, no fucking opinion."

"It looks like our little Ahyoung grew up", he chuckled and brought his hand up to my cheek, but was immediately slapped off. "Fucking shit."

Haechan stood in front of me as he glared down at Dan. He had Star in one hand and carefully gave her to me. He stood in front of me, guarding me.

"Oh, is this your new boyfriend?", Dan questioned, in disbelief.

"Oh, is this your ex-boyfriend, Ahyoung?", Haechan played with him as a smirk was on his face. He bit his lip as he looked at Dan. "I thought he was a pervert. My bad, but it seems like you're still a pervert even if you're her ex."

"This fucking—"

"Go, try to fucking punch me and I'm dragging you to hell with me."

[a/n: i was supposed to chill and watch wayv contents but i forgot that i haven't updated in a while

[a/n: i was supposed to chill and watch wayv contents but i forgot that i haven't updated in a while. anyways i made cinnamon rolls which i posted on my public instagram and it sucked the life outta me ]