chapter 29

"It seems like Haechan is losing to his opponent," the emcee had mentioned as it was a one-on-one battle against the two professionals

"It seems like Haechan is losing to his opponent," the emcee had mentioned as it was a one-on-one battle against the two professionals. "Will he be able to turn the game around or will Wonwoo be the unexpected winner of this extraordinary battle?"

Haechan was currently waiting for his character to respawn. His eyes were off the screen for a split second to meet mine. The determination in his eyes was seen after meeting mine. He stretched right before his character had respawned.

It was a jittery scene between the two.

"Oh! Haechan slew Wonwoo! He can use this as an opening to turn the game around," the host enthusiastically revealed. "It seems like Wonwoo is panicking but he's trying his best to stay neutral."

The game recapitulated as the two didn't give up. They were at a close match and were now striving to eliminate each other's characters.

"Whoever dies will be at a disadvantage," the emcee announced as his eyes were on their screens. The two of them were battling each other vigorously until someone's character died. "Haechan killed Wonwoo! At this point, he'll be able to destroy his base and win."

Like the emcee had prognosticated, Haechan was able to destroy Wonwoo's base ere he could respawn. The victory screen on Haechan's screen had made me bounce up with absolute delight.

"He won!", I hollered, shaking Renjun who soon started to feel dizzy. "Oh my—"

"Stop, please. I will vomit right here right now if you don't stop shaking me," Renjun warned which I promptly hearkened to when he stated that he was going to vomit. "But congrats, your boyfriend did it."

"It's disheartening that the others couldn't come," I lamented. Jeno and Jaemin had work to attend to while Jisung and Chenle had after-school practice. "They would've been rapturous."

"Yeah, me too," Renjun grumbled but I couldn't assume why. "I wouldn't have been a third-wheel."

"Whatever," I stammered and glanced at Haechan who was staring at me. He had a smile on his face as he gazed at me.

"Would Haechan like to say some words before the awarding ceremony?", the emcee asked and Haechan nodded and grabbed the microphone from him.

"First of all, my girlfriend owes me a kiss because I won," Haechan haughtily spoke with a smirk on his face. "Second of all, I would like to thank everyone for supporting me. I'll continue to play and make more fun contents for you to watch. Thank you so much!"

A faint red tint had crossed my cheeks after what he had stated.

Haechan offered to treat everyone to dinner after acquiring a million won from the competition. Since Jeno and Jaemin were working overtime, they were going to meet us at the restaurant. Renjun, on the other hand, left to pick up the two younger ones.

Once arriving, we sat down at a table for seven. It was getting late and the five still haven't arrived yet. I started to worry, presuming that they had gotten into a car accident or some out-of-the-blue misfortune.

"Don't you think we should call them?", I insinuated as I tapped my fingers on the table. It was a manner of mine ever since. "I'm getting concerned. It's too quiet. Something must have occurred."

"Don't worry, they'll be fine," Haechan heartened and held my hand to stop me from tapping the table. He took out his phone and gave it to me. "Play some music to ease your mind. You can choose from that playlist."

I took his phone and browsed through the playlist.

To my astonishment, the songs in the playlist had a message to tell me

"Haechan..."

My eyes shot up to look at Haechan who was getting out of his chair and bending on one knee. He didn't have a ring in his hands but instead a whistle. He blew it and out came Star running with her short legs towards us. She had a miniature paper bag in her mouth and brought it to Haechan who took out the box that was inside. Star stayed beside Haechan as he slowly opened the box to reveal a David Yurman 11mm 18kt Yellow Gold Starburst Pave Diamond Ring along with the necklace of the same design.

"I know we haven't known each other for a year yet but I'm already proposing because like you said before, I'm whipped for you. In such a short period of time, you showed me how love was supposed to be. From then, I started falling hard for you," Haechan confessed, his eyes full of stars. "With you, I felt calm and inspirited. I knew what love was as I was bestowed with a loving family, but with you, I met love. You are my epitome of love."

"Maybe it was the stars that were in your eyes that allured me to you whenever you felt happy. Perhaps even the way the corner of your lips rise and your eyes smile with them. Possibly it could be whenever you showed a frown or cried in front of me because I would do everything for you to get rid of that expression as it hurt me just as much. Even I can't pinpoint what truly made me fall," Haechan recapitulated his sweet words that were like honey. "At the end of the day, I knew that I solely had my eyes for you. I loved playing games, but you weren't a game I could play. You were the motivation for me to keep playing. Not the prize at the end, but the motivation to lead me to victory."

"Haechan...", I was out of words as I could only say his name faintly but his smile would be just the same, bright and wide.

"That's why I wanted to ask you this for a long time," Haechan beamed at me. The rims of his eyes were starting to form tears as he couldn't wait to ask that question.

All he wanted was a nod or a faint 'yes' and he would be over the moon.

"Will you be my forever, my sunshine?"

[a/n: AHHHHHHHH HYUCK 😭 anyway, remember how i said my shotaro fanfiction doesn't have a second lead? yeah it doesn't have A second lead, it has TWO second leads 😋 ]