chapter 26

"They look like a married couple who have a child in the hospital," Jaemin lamented, looking at the two of us from the open creak of the door

"They look like a married couple who have a child in the hospital," Jaemin lamented, looking at the two of us from the open creak of the door. "It seems like they're both really heartbroken."

"I'm just waiting for them to kiss, to be honest," Renjun blurted, which attracted the attention of practically everyone and was slapped by Jeno as a sign to shut up. "What was that for?!"

"Na Jaemin, Lee Jeno, and especially you, Huang Renjun," I whisper-shouted, shooting a death glare at the three spies. "Haechan finally got some sleep, don't wake him up and go to your own rooms."

The three had shut the door and left the premises.

"You finally got some rest," I susurrated, softly caressing his hair. His arms were around my waist but we weren't so close to each other. "I'm glad you calmed down."

Even though Taeyong had notified us that Star was in a stable condition, Haechan couldn't stop blaming himself and bringing his past back up whenever he felt derelict. We ultimately decided to go home and rest.

He wanted cuddle time which eventually calmed him down but the fact that he cried was still noticeable by his puffy eyes. He wanted to be clingy for once without asking if I was okay with it. I was always okay with it, but seeing him that desperate, I knew he was desperate.

"You still have a competition to win, don't drag yourself down," I whispered and stared at his peaceful face. "Keep doing what makes you happy, I'll support you no matter what. Even if that means I have to spend less time with you."

"I'll always make time for you. You're also one of my sources of happiness," Haechan opened his eyes precipitately. "You are more important to me."

"You're awake? I thought you were sleeping?", I was flabbergasted, moving back from him. "Were you just closing your eyes the whole time?"

"Yeah, I couldn't sleep," Haechan confessed. "But I didn't want you to worry so I pretended to sleep."

"You know you could've told me," I stated, staring him in the eye.

"But you wouldn't say a lot of sweet words if I'm awake," Haechan pouted, his arm reaching up to my face to place my baby hairs to the side. "You're far sweeter when I'm asleep than awake."

"I can't believe you," I chuckled.

"By the way, are you going to meet your parents?", Haechan opened up the topic, feeling a tad uneasy. "I'll join you, just in case."

"I'm planning to cut off ties with them tomorrow," I responded, which surprised Haechan. "They never needed me for the past few years, it's best if I won't be needed in the future years. Besides, Chenle's family is more like a family to me than them."

"I should really introduce you to my family," Haechan shifted the topic, seeing that I wasn't in the mood to talk about my parents. "You want to?"

"Will that make you happy?"