chapter 15

[a/n: i'm barely alive after my exams. sorry for the inactivity 🙏🏻 ]

 sorry for the inactivity 🙏🏻 ]

"Excuse me, what?"

"You heard me the first time, did you not?" Haechan nonchalantly asked and signaled the waiter to their table. "Let's order something to eat first. I'll give you some time to think."

The waiter greeted us with a smile. She gave us each a menu and I scanned through it quickly, immediately knowing what to order. Haechan, on the other hand, didn't bother to look at it.

"One aglio e olio and water for me," I ordered, while the waiter nodded and wrote it down on her notepad. She then looked over to Haechan who pointed at me.

"I'll get whatever she gets," he said and the waiter nodded and took the menu from us. She told us to wait a couple of minutes for the food to be prepared, then leaving us alone.

"How did you find me though? Busan of all places?" I questioned.

"Maybe because we're soulmates, I found you quicker than expected," he smirked. "I'm kidding, maybe. Star kept barking at your pillow and I nearly thought it was some ghost until she brought out a brochure from beneath."

"She's a snitch," I sighed and looked outside the window again. The street lights were on and there were people walking by. There were kids laughing and playing around. It was calming.

"I'm pretty sad that I went all the way here for you to just look outside the window and not at me," Haechan jokingly muttered. I turned to him and he radiantly smiled at me.

"I didn't ask you to come here," I muttered.

"I came here by free will."

"Here's your food," the waiter came and placed each plate one by one and filled our glasses with water. "Enjoy your meal."

"I'm gonna do it," I muttered.

Maybe today is a day filled with moving on.

"Are you sure?" Haechan asked, startled. "You can still think about it."

"You have ears right?" I sarcastically asked and he turned his head slightly, looking at me. "Let's eat."

"They don't have any more two-bed rooms and only they only have one single bed room," Haechan explained. "We have no other choice."

"This hotel is really the only hotel that has vacant rooms?" I questioned and he nodded. "Every fucking time with romance dramas."

We shared a room, so what's the big deal? We turned around and headed off, but before leaving, I heard something.

"We have one two-bed room left."

I tilted my head to the side, wondering if I heard the receptionist wrong. Haechan looked at me, waving his hand in front of my face.

"You okay?" Haechan asked. "Is something wrong?"