Chapter 31

"Do I look okay?" Sage asked while fidgeting with her clothes.

She and Mia were standing outside of the Three Broomsticks, about to meet the two Hufflepuffs.

"You look stunning, girl," Mia nodded. "Can we go inside now?"

"Of course I do!" Sage slapped herself on the forehead. "I'm gorgeous all the time, what was I thinking?"

"You tell me," Mia muttered.

"Okay, let's do this!" Sage straightened her posture and opened the door.

Mia followed her inside the pub, which was full of customers, most of whom were students. She noticed James and his friends drinking at one of the tables and turned her head the other way quickly.

Daisy and Nathan were sitting at a small table in the back. Sage strolled over to them with her head held high and Mia followed, visibly less excited to be there.

"Hi," Sage greeted the two with a huge smile when she arrived at their table.

Mia stepped next to her. "Hey," she nodded weakly.

"Hello, girls," Daisy smiled up at them. "Sage, let me introduce you to my friend here. This is Nathan Jones, Nathan, this is Sage Zamora."

"Nice to meet you," Nathan smiled up at her shyly.

"Oh, the pleasure is mine," Sage waved her hand and sat down opposite of him.

"Hi, Mia," he greeted her as well. "It's weird seeing you outside of class."

She rolled her eyes as she took a seat next to Sage. "Yeah, I'm not complete without the robes."

A few seconds later Madam Rosmerta came up to them to take their orders.

"She's getting old," Mia commented as she watched the woman walk away. "I wonder who her heir is going to be."

"Well, someone has to run this place," Daisy said. "I couldn't imagine Hogsmeade without the Three Broomsticks."

"Do you guys think she's in a relationship?" Sage asked curiously.

"Who knows?" Mia shrugged.

"Well, I'm not," Sage said bluntly, looking straight into Nathan's eyes.

He cleared his throat. "You're... not?"

"No," she shook her head. "You know, this year... it's really stressful. I mean, it's our last year, we should be having fun, shouldn't we?"

Nathan's eyes lit up. "That's exactly what I was thinking!"

"No way!" Sage gasped.

"Yeah! I mean, we should be happy, right?" Nathan asked. "But everyone seems to be too caught up in the stress!"

"Not everyone," Mia mumbled, glancing at James' loud table.

"I totally agree with you, Nathan," Sage nodded, ignoring Mia's words.

When their drinks arrived, Mia picked her Butterbeer up in her hands, took a sip and looked around the pub, analysing the people. She recognised a few Gryffindors, but Alexander was not there.

"I'm really good at Charms, for example, but Transfiguration is just not my strength," Nathan said.

Mia blinked and turned her attention back to their table.

"Is that so?" Sage leaned on the table. "I could help you if you want."

Daisy stared into Mia's eyes and smiled.