Chapter Three

Hunter emerged a while later with an astounded look, a black card, and a bag with seven sickles in it. He hadn't realized his parents were that rich!

He was about to hand the bag to Cassie when he noticed that she was chatting excitedly with an older blond woman. A few paces behind the woman were two more blonds, a boy Hunter's age and a man, except their hair was white-blond.

"...how do you look so young? Tell me what moisturizing cream you've been using," Cassie grinned.

"I haven't been," the woman replied dryly. "Who is this?" she added, seeing Hunter.

"The most adorable smol bean on the planet," Cassie declared. "Hunter, this is my Aunt Narcissa and the two brainless boulders she carries around with her, Legolas Malfoy and Baby Dragon."

The boy bristled, blushing, and the man glared at her.

"This is Hunter Potter," Cassie added.

The man's eyes widened, and the boy glanced up at Hunter's hairline, where his raven locks hid the lightning scar.

"Hello, dear," Narcissa said gently. Hunter nodded shyly and handed Cassie the bag.

"I have to get back to work," Cassie said briskly. "You don't mind shopping with my aunt, do you?"

"That's okay," Hunter said quietly. He liked Narcissa, she was one of the first who didn't treat him like a famous child or a slave -- other than Cassie.

"If you want to talk to me, send me an owl," Cassie said warmly.

Hunter frowned. "What?"

"Aunt Cissa will explain," the girl chuckled. "See you!"

"Wait!" Hunter squeaked. When Cassie raised an eyebrow at him, Hunter hesitated, then hugged her. Cassie cooed and squeezed him back.

"My, he is adorable," he heard Narcissa laugh. Hunter blushed and hid his face in Cassie's robes again.

"See you, kiddo," Cassie said softly, ruffling his hair again. Then she released him and bowed dramatically to her aunt, who smiled amusedly. "Bye, Aunt Cissa," she said cheerfully. Completely ignoring Mr. Malfoy and his son, she kissed the top of Hunter's head and strode out of the bank.

"Where would you like to go first, dear?" Narcissa asked kindly.

"Um..." Hunter blushed. "I don't know what I'm supposed to get."

"It's in the letter from Hogwarts," the boy explained. "By the way, my name is Draco, not Baby Dragon. She's called me that since I was five." He scowled good-naturedly.

Hunter giggled and pulled out his letter again. There was another piece of parchment inside that hadn't been there earlier.

Uniform

First year students will require:
1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)
2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear
3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)
4. One winter cloak (black, silver fastenings)

Course Books

All students should have a copy of the following:
The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk
A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot
Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling
A Beginners' Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch
One Thousand Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore
Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander
The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quintin Trimble