Chapter Twenty-Three

"Why the heck is there a dog on the train?" Ron asked curiously, staring at the huge black dog leaning against Moony's leg. Hunter's dad was asleep with Hope curled up on his lap, purring softly.

Hunter giggled. "He's Hogwarts' mascot."

Sirius rolled his eyes.

"That's an oddly human response," Hermione said interestedly. "Does he belong to your father? It might be because he's spent so much time with wizards that he acts human-"

"Isn't that the dog from the Potters' will reading?" Draco interrupted.

"Uh-huh," Hunter agreed. "I'll explain later."

Draco shrugged and pulled a blushing Hunter onto his lap. "So what did you think about Lupin-Black's trial?"

"He is a giant man-child and I love it," Pansy squealed. Sirius grinned.

"I wonder where he's staying now that he's free?" Neville said quietly. Sirius made a soft snorting noise, and Hunter stifled a giggle.

The ride passed quickly, especially when Fred and George joined them and sent them all into hysterics. Sirius was looking proud and eager, because the twins were more likely to become Junior Marauders than innocent little Hunter.

Around noon, Hunter purchased a crap ton of chocolate and put half of it on his dad's lap. The smell of chocolate woke up the older werewolf, and Remus yawned.

Sirius barked inquisitively and put a paw on his lap. The white, dragon-winged kitten pawed at it.

"Hmm? Yes, I slept well," Remus mumbled, running his fingers through Sirius' fur. Sirius shivered.

"I bought you chocolate, Daddy!" Hunter said, pointing at the pile in Remus' lap.

"Thanks, cub," Remus chuckled, opening a Chocolate Frog. He ripped it in half and gave the other half to Sirius.

"Isn't chocolate bad for dogs?" Hermione asked curiously. Sirius looked horrified.

"Most dogs," Remus corrected, smiling. "My dog is different." His tone was slightly possessive, and Sirius shoved his face into the bench, hiding his embarrassed look. Hunter giggled.

"What's his name?" Neville asked shyly. The twins and Pansy cooed.

Remus hesitated, then smirked. "King Fluffernutter, his Fuzziness."

Hunter collapsed into Draco, giggling so hard that he almost lost his balance. Sirius huffed indignantly. The rest of the compartment laughed.

"What's his real name?" Blaise asked shrewdly.

"He has several," Remus said, pulling out his wand and placing a protective charm on the door. "Snuffles, Padfoot, and Sirius Black."

Sirius changed into his human form, scowling. "Lupin-Black!" he protested, ignoring the gasps from everyone but Hunter.

"The Ministry destroyed our marriage contract, so we have to get married again," Remus sighed.

"Get to!" Sirius corrected.

"Aww!" Pansy giggled. "I love weddings!"

"You're all invited," Remus promised. "Except the vampires."

Fred and George looked offended. "Why-"

"-not?"

"I already have Sirius at the wedding, and I would rather not invite more annoying, mischievous idiots," Remus deadpanned. Sirius pouted.

"But Daddy," Hunter protested.

"Fine," Remus sighed.

"Can I have one?" Draco whispered in Hunter's ear, referring to the pile of chocolate on Hunter's lap.

Hunter shivered, blushing, causing Pansy and the twins to coo again. "One!" he said firmly.

Draco laughed. "Possessive." He tried to pick the biggest one but Hunter snatched it.

"What is it with werewolves and chocolate?" Hermione questioned, stroking Sweetie. The kitten made a small adorable noise.

"Chocolate is delicious, for one," Remus explained. "Two, wizarding chocolate is a powerful antidote to depression, which a lot of werewolves have. We aren't really liked by a majority of Light wizards, and a majority of the Ministry are Light wizards. The laws discriminate Dark creatures like werewolves, vampires, and Dark Veela." Blaise winced.

"Oh," Hermione said quietly. "That's... a really sad reason."

There was silence for a long moment. Then the twins grinned slightly, and Hunter realized they were going to try and cheer everyone up.

Fred and George gasped and pointed at each other. "Vampire!"

This caused the compartment to fill with laughter again. Remus chuckled and removed the protective charms, and they changed the subject to Quidditch.