Chapter Twenty-Five

"Since Professor Lockhart died tragically last year in a mishap with one of the creatures he brought in," Dumbledore said with a stiff smile, "please welcome our new teacher, Professor Remus Lupin!"

"Lupin-Black," Remus corrected over the polite but subdued applause.

"Yes, Lupin-Black, my apologies," Dumbledore agreed. "His husband will be joining him until he finds a job elsewhere."

Sirius glared at Dumbledore and smiled stiffly at the students, who were whispering now.

"Is that Sirius Black?"

"I thought he was a murderer!"

"No, idiot, didn't you read the papers? He's innocent, some guy named Pettigrew gave up the Potters."

"How come they're married?"

"Ugh, f*****s."

Hunter flinched when he heard that word. His uncle had enjoyed calling him that since he had told him about Draco the year earlier. Apparently his "affection" had been labelled as a crush, which automatically meant it was disgusting and wrong.

Draco gave him a concerned look and pulled him closer.

"I'm sure we'll all welcome our new teacher," Dumbledore said calmly, but there was anger in his eyes. He had heard the word, too. "And I'm sure we will be polite and respectful regardless of their sexuality."

Hunter blinked. "I thought he would..."

"Dumbledore's gay, didn't you know?" Pansy asked.

"N-no."

"In other announcements..."

----------------

Dumbledore may be a horrible person in this fanfic, but he refuses to use people's sexualities to get what he wants.

----------------

"Daddy?" Hunter asked as he pet Hope. Icicle, Storm, and Thunder jumped onto his lap, too, and he almost fell over with a yelp.

Remus chuckled as Draco, smirking, pulled Thunder onto his own lap and scratched behind the Daemon-Draco's ears. "Yes, cub?"

"Can I have a snake?"

Sirius looked up, startled. "What? A snake? Why?"

"'Cause I like snakes," Hunter mumbled. "Is, is that okay, Mummy?"

Sirius pouted. "How come I'm 'Mummy' and Moony is 'Daddy'? He's way more responsible-"

"You didn't have a problem calling me 'Daddy' last night," Remus muttered in Sirius' ear. Hunter giggled. Draco, who didn't have werewolf hearing, gave them a puzzled look.

"'Course you can have a snake, pup," Sirius said quickly, now bright red. "What kind?"

"Um... I wanna rainbow snake," Hunter decided.

"Because you're gay?" Draco joked. He blinked. "Wait, a rainbow snake is an actual thing?"

"Do you want a girl or a boy?" Remus asked, pulling Sirius onto his lap and threading his fingers through his husband's messy hair.

"I don't care," Hunter replied. "If they're a girl, I'm going to name her Kiwi, and if they're a boy, I'm going to name him Arcus. That means rainbow or arc in Latin."

"I'll see what I can do," Remus said with a smile. "It's almost curfew, so why don't I take you back to your common rooms?"

Year Two:

Gryffindor: sleep
Slytherin: eat
Ravenclaw: Head of House
Hufflepuff: class