pt. 7: surprise!

The following weeks... surprisingly aren't too bad.

Well, monokuma not treating you any differently from before; like a mindless pet and using that dreaded mind-numbing hypnosis powers on your person, you actually did manage to forget about the most recent injection you have received at some point in time.

...until the day came, that is.

One day, kuma had just woken you up... to introduce you to them.

Your "eldest son" monotaro, a kub with a red side to him and a black scarf, took on a leadership position to the litter, despite him being less mature than a 5 year old and bore the intelligence of an infant. he referred to monokuma and you simply as mother and father. he has much respect for you and kuma equally, which was a slight surprise to you, but you nonetheless took it. respect is respect after all... regardless of how he shows it. you actually found yourself beginning to like his presence.

your second eldest, monosuke, a kub with a unique tiger striped side to him and a pair of spectacles... was... a difficult one to stand. he referred to monokuma as "pops" and you as "Ma" and holy hell, was he a spiteful gremlin. his beliefs were that the "kuma family" should all fight each other, and shouldn't be close. so he's just a rude, cynical little bastard with especially low views of you in particular, seeing you as soft and spineless from the way you kowtow to kuma and the students, and defend the younger members. needless to say, if it wasn't for monokuma, you'd gladly pound his face in.

the middle son, monokid, a kub with a blue side to him and a rocker-esc appearance to him was even more of a handful. loud and obnoxious with a vulgar mouth, and the IQ of a brick he constantly said things wrong and shouted "HELL YEAH" for no reason once so ever. he referred to you as "mama (name)" and monokuma as "papa kuma" and had maybe SOME form of respect for you, but you could never tell from how bad he shows it. you tolerated him, but you couldn't stand it when he picked at the younger kubs.

speaking of which, there was monodam, a green sided kub with a strangely more of a robotic look to his body as a whole. he was quiet. he rarely spoke, mostly due to the constant bullying he endures from his brother. he appears to have no vital reaction to it, but you felt strangely bad for him and often tried to give him some comfort after monokid's constant jeering. And while he didn't say anything, you could tell he was grateful, from the way he'd blush at your reassurance. despite his unsettling nature, you felt you could be able to be close with him.

then there was your "daughter", monophanie a pink striped sided kub with a bikini top and flower over her ear. she was the "sweeter" one of the group, as she liked flowers, disliked cruelty and to her credit, tries (and fails) to remedy everything. but she's no cinna-bun, you could say that much. she refers to you as "momma" and to monokuma "daddy" which creeped you out slightly. her attraction to monokuma was very uncomfortable on your part, considering she acts more like a fan girl than a daughter towards him. and since you were his "wife" she... didn't fancy you entirely. sure she tolerated you, but you could tell she didn't appreciate the attention you received from kuma. Mostly just dirty looks from her and disdainful muttering to herself, but she did indeed appreciate it when you defended the younger ones of the litter.

You had... NO idea where they came from. Nor did you really want to know how they came into existence.

Nonetheless, these were your children now.

Five fickle little monsters that would turn on each other like a pack of starving wolves and overall disregarded your presence and authority as a whole.

...Well...

All accept for one more.

a relatively small kub-(animal) hybrid with a (color) side to him, and a bicolored bib, and rattle.

you called him (kub name)

you called him (kub name). he was the definition of a "momma's boy".

He clung to you, like a child to a floatie in a deep pool. he rarely left your side at all, always holding your paw, and tracing little shapes on your side. He also seemed scared and confused at everything that was going on, often hugging you tighter when things escalated.

He was also a victim of monosuke's cruelty, as he called him a weak excuse of a monokuma that ruined the monokubs' name.

But unlike monodam, he reacted.

Terribly.

he cried and would press himself closely to you, shivering in fear and anxiety. he never spoke to the others, but when he did say something, it would always be to you. And unlike his siblings, with near adult voices, he had a high, childlike voice. he called you "mommy" or "mama" and monokuma "papa".

And so far, (kub) was the only kub you showed genuine care and affection to.

because like you... he seemed very lost.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Revised this. :P