Chapter 1

It was summer when Lisa was moving into her new place. The scorching heat made it hard for her to unload the moving van all on her own. She could've....okay, she should've hired people to assist, maybe even ask a friend, but she didn't have many that were close and, how else was she suppose to prove independence?

As she could feel her bangs and tank top sticking into her sweaty skin and the uncomfortable trickle of sweat sliding down the back of her neck, however, she began to feel pretty regretful. She silently praised herself for changing her sweats to shorts last minute.

God, it had to be hot the day of her move in, didn't it? The blazing sun made it even more difficult whenever she carried heavier boxes. She'd never felt more grateful for elevators. Thankfully she was bringing up the last box to her room.

Lisa was too distracted with how sore her arms were, with how her body glistened in sweat and just how gross she felt, that she hadn't noticed another figure standing beside her, waiting for the elevator doors to open as well. That was until they both entered the elevator in the same time, accidentally brushing arms.

Lisa flinched in surprised and looked at the man, muttering an apology before adjusting the box in her hand. The guy shook his head with a small grin, a silent forgiveness.

"What floor?" he asked, reaching towards the buttons. But, before she could answer, he had already pressed the button she was about to ask for. She sent a small smile,

"Same floor," she replied a little quietly. Her throat felt dry. Nothing new to her. Whenever she is too distracted or busy, she tends to forget to drink water or eat. Not a wise decision but she couldn't help it.

The guy nodded, smiling politely before growing silent along with her. Elevator rides, usually known to always feel awkward with a stranger. But she was actually relieved for the silence. Lisa was in no mood for small talk with someone she didn't know or just in general. She rather hide in her room and watch Netflix with a glass of wine in her hand. She's quite introverted which is usually unlikely for a model.

She enjoyed the quiet.

When the elevator door opened, Lisa wordlessly nodded a thank you towards the man when he motioned for her to leave first before heading towards his own room which was surprisingly right beside hers. But, she didn't relatively care. She just wanted to head inside and lay down on her newly polished wooden floors and embrace the cold air.

Standing in front of her door, Lisa placed the box down in front of her with a small huff. Panting tiredly and sweating profusely, Lisa fanned herself with her hands before sliding off the hair tie on her wrist. She brushed her newly cut and newly dyed silver hair back and started to tie her hair up. Then, hearing the man knocking on the door next to her, Lisa took a glance to her right.

Guess he's not my neighbor.

Looking away, Lisa began to search for her key in her pocket.

"Hey babe." She heard the guy say as she took hold of the silver key and then inserted it into the door.

"Hey!" She heard an excited, lighter (prettier) voice. It was softer, and smooth and Lisa enjoyed the sound but, like always, she simply brushed it off and twisted the key.

She heard a few more sweet exchanges from the two before it grew silent. And, the moment she pushed her door open and bent down to retrieve her box, she felt eyes on her.

She looked to her right again, hoping it wasn't the man staring at her because, well, she rather not deal with another angry girlfriend but, when it was just her neighbor standing there, she felt relieved.