Chapter 14

It was late at night when Lisa was forcibly woken up by loud yelling from behind her wall. Originally, Lisa was going to use her ear plugs, but then she realized, the yelling was coming from Jennie's room. And the sound of Jennie's muffled shouting angrily along with Taehyung's loud voice completely woke up every fiber in Lisa's body.

"What the hell?" Lisa mumbled, shooting up and rushing towards her chair where her hoodie lay. As she was putting it on, she inched closer to her wall and then pressed her ear against it, hoping their argument wasn't too serious.

"It's not even like that!!"

"Really? Cause it sure looks that way!!"

Is what Lisa heard before she pulled her ear away. Her eyes were fixed at the plain, white walls as if she was hoping she would be able to see through and check on Jennie. Every bone in her body was forcing Lisa's limbs to move. They begged her to walk out of her own room and check on Jennie. But, that was just her curiosity getting the best of her.

It wasn't her business.

But then the slamming of a door was made that shook her own wall. She held her breath, waiting for the next move. And, maybe she shuddered in fear hearing loud, stomps outside of her room and maybe she let out a breath of relief when it simply passed by and just maybe Lisa waited till the elevator doors closed so she can go to Jennie's room.

With a trembling fist, Lisa softly knocked on Jennie's door. "Jennie?" Lisa called out timidly, not knowing of what to expect. She hoped to be met with a happy smile and sparkling eyes. Maybe even a warm, embrace.

But, never in her life would she imagine Jennie opening the door displaying sad, bloodshot eyes with tears pooling down and soaking her shirt. Never did Lisa ever think a beautiful girl like Jennie would ever hold such a heart wrenching frown. And never did Lisa ever want to see Jennie crying as hard as she was at this very moment. Body trembling and arms holding her own body as if it would remove every ache.

Lisa didn't even hesitate to enter Jennie's complex, nor did she care that she practically slammed Jennie's door. She was determined to hold Jennie as close as she could. But she knew a gentle approach was necessary.

Taking a small step closer, Lisa lifted her hand and placed it tenderly over Jennie's soaked cheeks. She swiped her thumb across, hoping to remove every single tear. Jennie was perfect and sweet, she doesn't deserve to feel broken. Lisa bent her head lower, trying to meet Jennie's feline eyes that stayed fixed on the floor.

"Look at me, Jen," Lisa's voice was soft. Softer than she has ever spoken. And, maybe her tone almost worked because Jennie took a step closer, bumping the tips of her feet against Lisa's, but her eyes remained down.

Lisa lifted her other hand and placed it on her other cheek. She swept away Jennie's tears with her thumb and then trailed her hand higher, trying to soother pinch of the skin between her eyebrows.

Seeing movement below, Lisa gazed down and smiled softly seeing Jennie's hands reaching forward and gripping onto the hem of her hoodie with trembling hands. She lifted her head and blew out a puff of air, absolutely hating Jennie's silence. Especially when she knew the smaller girl was holding everything in.

Leaning forward, Lisa brushed her lips over Jennie's cheeks, kissing her tears. She could feel Jennie's strength faltering as a whimper escaped her lips while her hands tightened around the soft fabric. Lisa trailed her lips higher, pressing a soft peck on the tip of Jennie's nose which caused the smaller one to let out small quiet giggle.

Lisa smiled at that before sliding her lips higher and pressing a soft, lingering kiss on Jennie's forehead. Jennie sighed deeply and leaned closer to Lisa's comforting warmth. And when Lisa spoke ever so lightly while also leaning her forehead against Jennie's, Jennie finally broke down.