Chapter 5

"I told you, for the millionth freaking time Dara, I am tired! I have been working non stop for two whole weeks already! And each day was almost eighteen hours a day! Two days off won't ruin shit!" Lisa shouted over the phone as she practically stomped her way down the hall to her door.

"Do you want me to take pictures with eye bags? No! My ankles ache, my eyes burn and I'm hungry so, no, I refuse to work tomorrow, goodnight!" With a loud huff, Lisa brought her phone away from her ear and harshly clicked the end call button.

"Woah, that's the loudest I've ever heard you talk," was said from her side in amusement but also with a hint of concern laced into that soft cute voice. And, knowing who the owner of the voice was, Lisa froze for a mere second before smiling regretfully and turning towards her neighbor.

"Sorry you had to hear all that," Lisa responded with a caress of pink swarming her cheeks. The taller one combed her fingers through her hair before rubbing her nape and rolling her neck around, "Long week and annoying manager does that to you," she chuckled, still feeling irritated and just so damn hungry.

Jennie suddenly frowned, causing Lisa to realize she definitely hated the sight of it. She turned slightly panicky from her sad cat eyes and unintentional walked right towards, standing only a foot a away from Jennie.

"Don't worry, though, I'm okay. Really," she spoke so softly, and carefully. Having to know Jennie for almost seven months now, Lisa had never seen a frown on the girls face and never wished to imagine it. Especially if she was frowning because of her. Jennie sighed and studied Lisa's tired eyes.

"You're tired Lis," Jennie said, disappointment written all over her beautiful character. But Lisa knew she wasn't disappointed of her, she was disappointed for her. And that made her feel so warm and so cared for. She wasn't use to such lovely feeling. It had her looking down at her feet shyly.

"I'm use to it," Lisa chuckled out breathlessly, heart echoing so loudly that she could hear it clearly. She hoped Jennie couldn't. And the beating only grew louder as she felt finger tips ghosting over her wrist. An action that caused goosebumps to erupt all over her skin. Jennie sighed once more,

"Are you hungry? I can cook you dinner at my place," Jennie spoke just as softly as Lisa, maybe even softer. The taller one watched as Jennie's fingers slowly graze down to the inside of Lisa's palm before taking a hold of her warm hand gently. What was this girl doing to her?

Jennie squeezed Lisa's hands, "Lis?" Lisa slowly glanced up into eyes that looked at her sweetly. It was too charming to look away from, but she knew, deep down, she'd never want to look away from the intensity of Jennie's eyes.

Lisa hummed in response, blessing her with another light giggle to echo in the empty hallway. She couldn't stop her own smile from appearing.

"Dinner at my place tonight?" Jennie asked, a light glint shimmering in her hope filled eyes. Now, how could Lisa reject such angelic face. The doe eye'd chuckled, squeezing Jennie's hand with a nod,

"Sure, although, I'll have to wash up first. I look like a mess." Lisa didn't have to look at herself to know that her hair looked crispy and damaged from the heat of the curling iron, and that her eyeliner was smudged to the point she looked like a raccoon, along with her eye bags. Just thinking of it had her grimacing in embarrassment knowing Jennie was witnessing her haggard appearance.

But, instead of agreeing, Jennie shook her head and smiled warmly, "You look beautiful, silly." Lisa blushed a deeper shade of red. The affection that radiated off the smaller one made it difficult for Lisa to breathe or think. And staring into her deep brown eyes, Lisa knew she was crushing hard.