Chapter 9

Usually, on Lisa's day off, Jennie would come over and hang out. This however, was not one of those days. Instead of spending time with her crush alone, she was invited to hang out with her said crush, along with her two best friends and, unfortunately, her boyfriend.

Just her luck right?

If she would have known he would be joining, Lisa would have declined the offer in a heartbeat. Who in their right mind would accept to spend a day wishing she was the one that held hands with the one she wants?

Letting out a small puff of hair through her frown, Lisa tightened her pony tail and adjusted her glasses on her face before grabbing her purse and making her way out of her apartment. She stopped by the mirror that hung right next to the door, however, and examined her bright green crop top.

She winced, thinking her shirt might be too bright but nonetheless shrugged and tightened the ropes of her high waisted jeans as she made her way out the door

"Lisa!" Lisa turned to her right to see Jennie locking her door with one hand while waving cutely with the other. She looked so soft and small in her lavender sweater that matched perfectly with her lavender sneakers.

Lisa began to make her way in front of the cheerful girl while also forcing herself to remain focus on her gummy smile, rather than her bare legs

Lisa began to make her way in front of the cheerful girl while also forcing herself to remain focus on her gummy smile, rather than her bare legs. (shorts should be illegal on this girl)

"You always shout out my name as if I'm on the other side of the building," Lisa stated with a chuckle. Jennie giggled while placing her key in her purse before staring up at Lisa that made her look so radiant.

"Is it wrong to feel excited every time I see you?" The longer Lisa spends her time knowing Jennie, the more she notices the subtle flirting. Intentional or not, Jennie was a natural at it.

But, of course, Lisa never tried to dwell on it knowing her hopes would increase. So, ignoring her question, Lisa playfully nudged her shoulder before motioning towards the elevator with her head.

"Are they waiting for us downstairs?" she asked, slowing down her steps to match with Jennie's. She also realized that Jennie consistently tried to walk along side Lisa, but due to Lisa's longer strides, Jennie would always end up feeling breathless. So, Lisa learned to always slow down her steps when it comes to the pretty brunette.