INT. WILLOW'S ROOM -- NOON

WILLOW wakes up gasping

WILLOW
Shit.

WILLOW runs to the bathroom and begins to throw up.

WILLOW
Make it [vomiting] stop [vomiting] please [crying and vomiting]

Finally stops. WILLOW rests against the wall.

[phone ringing]
WILLOW runs to get it, sees caller ID then sees that it's one pm, pales

WILLOW
[puts the phone on speakerphone while rushing to get dressed] Hello, Boss?

BOSS
I can hear you rushing to get dressed, don't bother.

WILLOW
Wait..you're firing me, but it's not my fault

[Willow comes out all dressed, towards the phone]

BOSS
I have been very understanding about your situation Miss Rain, but this is the fifth no call no show within two weeks so I am going to have to let you go, I'm sorry. I send my condolences about Mr. West. ---BEEP

WILLOW throws herself on bed

WILLOW
Fuuuuuuuck meeeeeee. [screams into pillow]

WILLOW puts on sad music and picks up a picture frame from prom night; WILLOW, LEVI, RYN, and MADDOX laying under the stars.

RED TINTS OF LIGHT

RYN
Honey, I'm home!

WILLOW rushes downstairs

WILLOW
Did you bring me tampons and chicken noodle soup?

RYN stands at far stage right, soaking wet, RYN holds up his hands.

RYN
I never made it.

[WILLOW looks at him confused.]

Some asshole cut my brakes, they took me away from you. Do you know how pathetic I looked? I was thrown into a tree from my windshield.

[WILLOW turns away from him]

Hey, look at me. Go see the truck, help find who did this to me. It may help you get to the next stage of your grief.

WILLOW
I can't do it. I can't. I can't. [starts crying] Please don't make me do this Ryn. I can't live without you. Please. I love you so much, I'm sorry I sent you out in the rain. I'm sorry I let you go, it's all my fault.

RYN crosses the threshold towards her

RYN
We're going to be okay. I understand, but I went out there myself. We didn't know. It's not your fault.

WILLOW
Why couldn't it have been me? I should be there not you.

RYN
Repeat after me. Ryn is dead

WILLOW
Ryn is dea-[slight voice raise]-dicated to convincing me he's gone, which makes him delusional. [Willow rushes out]

RYN shakes his head.

RYN begins to exit stage right while he grabs his keys, opens the door, smiles at WILLOW, and gently shuts the door.

RED TINTS STOP

The door immediately opens again, MADDOX enters.

MADDOX
Willow, you've officially lost your shit. I saw you talking to a wall..if you want to be fucking crazy, at least close the damn curtains!

MADDOX slams the curtains together and turns back to WILLOW.

Anyway...I came over to check on you. [looks WILLOW up and down] Clearly I am doing the right thing. When was the last time you had a proper meal? [looks around] Or did any housework?
..or took care of your hygiene?

WILLOW shuffles away from him.

Oh my god..have you not done any of that in two weeks?! Willow! Just because Ryn's dead does not mean you can use him as an excuse to shirk your responsibilities.

WILLOW turns on him

WILLOW
Don't talk about him, Ryn is not an excuse. He is a person. He deserves-[WILLOW breaks down]

MADDOX softens his features

MADDOX
Wait, c' mere. [takes WILLOW in his arms] Here's what's gonna happen. You're gonna go take a shower and clean yourself up..if it's too much, you can sit on the floor. I'm gonna get some housework done and then I'm taking you out tonight. Hadley is having a bonfire on Carlton street.

WILLOW nods and trudges upstairs.