INT. TONDY'S PUB -- TWO AM

WILLOW and DET. FLAVIO is seated in the back, snug in the corner.

DETECTIVE FLAVIO
Thank you for meeting me so early in the morning.

WILLOW has a "tired" look. (we all know what that is)

[looks at her and nods] And continuing on. Well we have a list of suspects and we need a list from you to see who overlaps and then we can question those people first. For confidentiality reasons we can't tell you the list yet, not until we question them. [WILLOW looks at him blankly] I'm going to get you some coffee first.

DET. FLAVIO gets up and goes towards the front of the pub.

INTENSE MUSIC

WILLOW immediately starts shuffling through papers. Looking up once and awhile

WILLOW
Confidentiality my ass. [continues flipping] This isn't it. Not this either. [WILLOW looks up]

WILLOW rushes to put everything back.

SUSPENSEFUL MUSIC STOPS

A moment later, DET. FLAVIO sits down with a cup. WILLOW lightly blows in and takes a sip. DET. FLAVIO is intensely watching her.

DETECTIVE FLAVIO
Ms. Rain, do you know why I'm a detective? [WILLOW shakes her head while sipping her coffee] I love to solve things, do you know how I became the best detective in the business?

WILLOW
No, but I'm sure you're going to tell me. [WILLOW sets her cup down]

DETECTIVE FLAVIO
It's because I'm attentive. I pay attention to the slightest of things, and if they don't fall into place I look into it. [His eyes flicker over his papers. WILLOW stills as his eyes fall on her] You're going to have to trust in me to solve this case, now, list of suspects that I can question first?

WILLOW
No..but maybe you can jog my memory with your list [WILLOW leans on her elbows]

DET. FLAVIO chuckles

DETECTIVE FLAVIO
Miss, the sooner you give me that list, the sooner I can properly begin my investigation.

WILLOW
The truth is..I don't know..everyone loved Ryn.

DET. FLAVIO jots that down

DET. FLAVIO
I'm curious, was Ryn a partier?

WILLOW
No.

DET. FLAVIO
Were you aware if he was cheating on you? [raises eyebrow]

WILLOW rears back.

WILLOW
What the hell are you trying to get at? [DET. FLAVIO smirks]

DET. FLAVIO
Why was he out so late, Rain? [eyes land on her]

WILLOW looks away and tears up

WILLOW
It's..it's my fault..when I went out that afternoon I forgot to grab some soup and tampons so that night he went out to grab me those items as a peace offering.

DET. FLAVIO
Peace offering? [light voice]

WILLOW
We had a fight that night, about work.

DET. FLAVIO
Did you guys fight often? [keep voice light]

WILLOW
Hardly ever, but we've both been on edge lately.

DET. FLAVIO makes a short sweeping motion with his pencil across a page.

DET. FLAVIO
You still talk about him like he's here...[pity look] Hun, how old are you?

WILLOW
Twenty-two. Ryn's twenty-three if that's your next question.

DET. FLAVIO writes that down.

DET. FLAVIO
How long had you known each other?

WILLOW
[dazed look] Since we were three, we've been dating since we were fifteen.

DET. FLAVIO looks up with wonder.

DET. FLAVIO
Seven years? Damn, no wonder you're in denial...Willow, do you have any history of any mental illness in your family?

WILLOW thoughtfully looks up, scrunches her nose and flexes her fingers.

WILLOW
I don't think so?

DET. FLAVIO jots that down

DET. FLAVIO
I've heard down the line that you're a writer. Ever killed or tortured someone in your stories.

WILLOW
Of course, but Ryn always comes up with how to do it. To kill someone, fill a needle with air and insert between the toes and it comes up like a heart attack, or kill them and cut them into parts and bury their bodies in different places to not get caught and of course, you wear gloves and use bleach for the mess. Or use acid. To torture, place them in a public bathroom and make them describe the smells. [DET. FLAVIO looks up from writing] Yea, I know it's weird, but it really worked for the story.

DET. FLAVIO looks concerned.

DET. FLAVIO
Why..why did he know so much about this?