INT. THE DINNER TABLE - EIGHT THIRTY PM

Everyone is sitting down with their plates, pepperoni pizza is being served by MERCURY. WILLOW gets up and makes tuna fish, she brings it back over to the table and sits down.

JOURNEY
Venus, would you like to say Grace?

VENUS
Grace. Dig in!

JOURNEY shakes her head as everyone begins eating.

WILLOW
[smears tuna fish on her pepperoni pizza] So where's Mom? I haven't seen her since the funeral.

ASPEN
She's been working in the garage a lot.

WILLOW
I'll have to stop by, sometime. Is she still working on that race car?

MRS. RAIN enters stage right. She is wearing overalls, boots and is covered in grime.
All eyes turn towards her. STYX narrows her eyes.

STYX
[bitterly] Does she ever pay attention to anything else?

MRS. RAIN blushes and takes a seat next to VESPER.

MRS. RAIN
It's nice to see you home, Willow. We've all missed you.

STYX
You sure know how to show it, given that you never talk about her. [stabs at lettuce.]

HADES
[nudges her] Styx, chill out. No fighting now that Willow's home. [leans over] We might overwhelm her and make her more sick, Jupiter would have our asses.

STYX and HADES shudder.

STYX
Fine, but only because I love Willow.

WILLOW frowns and furrows her eyebrows, sends a questioning glance to AZLYN.

AZLYN
[mouths] We'll talk later.

WILLOW
So how's the car coming, Mom?

MRS. RAIN
Pretty damn good, I miss having all of you working on cars with your dad and me.

STYX
If you missed it so much then maybe you shouldn't have sent Dad away.

JOURNEY
Styx, that's enough. I think you should apologize.

STYX opens her mouth to begrudgingly apologize and looks annoyed--

MRS. RAIN
Journey, stop trying to be the parent.

JOURNEY
[hard edge] If you acted like one, I wouldn't have to.

The whole table falls silent. JOURNEY and MRS. RAIN is in a staredown.

HADES
Awkward. Willow, do something?

All heads besides JOURNEY and MRS. RAIN, turn to WILLOW.

WILLOW
Journey, stop staring down Mom. [MRS. RAIN smirks as JOURNEY looks towards WILLOW.] Mom, I love you.

MRS. RAIN
I love you too--

WILLOW
[rushes out] But I think it's best if you left. [MRS. RAIN's mouth drops] Only because you're creating a lot of tension and I can't emotionally handle that right now. I hope you understand.

MRS. RAIN
Always the peacemaker, where would the family be without you. [small smile]

MRS. RAIN exits stage right.

JOURNEY gets up and smacks STYX upside the head.

STYX
What the fuck?!

JOURNEY exits stage right.

JUPITER
Journey, wait! [runs after JOURNEY]

MERCURY
You made Journey stand up for you. You know she hates confronting Mom.[leaves the table.]

STYX
How is it my fault?

LUNA
Journey would do anything for us. [pitious look before following after MERCURY.]

Everyone else but WILLOW and STYX, leave.

STYX leans back in her chair.
DULL GREY/BLUE AURA SURROUNDING STYX.

WILLOW
I guess I'm not the only one grieving. [raises an eyebrow.]

STYX
[harsh] There's nothing to grieve about anymore.

WILLOW lightly flinches.

WILLOW
Maybe not, but you're mourning the empty space at the table. Dad's. [STYX looks down.] I'm here for you, you don't need to go through this alone.

STYX
[voice wavering] There are only two people in this world who understand me. You and Dad [voice crack]. [clears throat before continuing.] He's gone now, so I'll keep my feelings to myself. [under breath] No one seems to care anyway.

STYX throws her napkin on the table and storms away. WILLOW casts a sorrowful look towards STYX's spot.

WILLOW
Some sister I am, I haven't really tried to understand anyone in this house since I moved out. [looks at hands] Am I really that self-absorbed?

Slowly gets up and begins to clear the table. Putting the dishes in the dishwasher and wiping down the table.

I've seen so much anger and weariness. I can't help but feel as if it's my fault...without a sense of peace, there is only chaos.

AZLYN quietly enters, leaning against the wall.

AZLYN
Willow..who are you talking to?

WILLOW
Myself. If I was home I'd be talking to Ryn. [eyes widen] Oh my god, Ryn! I forgot to tell him I was coming here. I have to get over there!

WILLOW begins to rush towards the door looking pained. AZLYN blocks the door. WILLOW charges her and tries to get the door open. AZLYN jams her foot in the door.

AZLYN
Willow. Stop!

JUPITER and JOURNEY rush in stage right, looking confused.
She's trying to go back home, she thinks Ryn is there.

JUPITER and JOURNEY seize WILLOW's arms and drag her to the couch. WILLOW begins to kick and scream.

WILLOW
Let me go! Let me go! Let me go! [screaming] He's waiting for me! He's going to be worried if I don't show up! Let me go! [tries to kick JOURNEY but JOURNEY grabs her leg] Fuck you all. Fuck you! He'll look for me! Let me go! [squirming]

Everyone's faces are peering around the corner.

AZLYN
Go back to your rooms. [gives them a knowing look.]

They linger.

WILLOW
No! Help me! Please! I have to get back to Ryn! [sobbing] Please. I love him.

MERCURY steps forward. She lightly runs her thumb from the base of WILLOW's forehead to the tip of her nose. WILLOW begins to calm down.

MERCURY
[singing softly] Weeping Willow, gentle Willow, don't you love me. Weeping Willow, gentle Willow, eyes of green tea. [MERCURY begins to get quieter as Willow's eyes close.] Weeping Willow, gentle Willow, with the shelter of trees. Weeping Willow, gentle Willow, I love you more than me.

JOURNEY and JUPITER lay WILLOW down on the couch and tuck her in. Everyone departs except AZLYN. AZLYN lies on the floor next to the couch.

AZLYN
I'm sorry.

FADE OUT:

FLURRY OF DAYS PASSING