INT. FLASHBACK WILLOW'S HOUSE - JANUARY TENTH

RYN is stage left, turned facing left, he is wearing a long sleeve shirt with the AC on. Papers are strewn everywhere. RYN is wearing glasses and looking at medical bills.

WILLOW enters stage right and stops mid-stage.

WILLOW
[hugs herself.] Ryn, we need to talk.

RYN
[mindlessly waves his hand] Yeah, yeah. Go ahead.

WILLOW
[arms fall to sides] Ryn, I need your full attention.

RYN
Mhm.

WILLOW
RYN!...please?

RYN shows no signs of response. WILLOW turns so her back is facing him. [They are back to back]

Fine. I'll talk anyway. Why was there a fucking blade in the bathroom?

RYN's head moves slightly.

Why can't you just let me help you? Why are you doing this to yourself? You promised me if I put your twisted ideas into my stories then it would help you get out these feelings, but you keep doing this! You broke your promise!

RYN
You don't own me, Willow!

WILLOW
I never said I did! I'm just trying to understand why you would break your promise? If I can't rely on you to not self-harm then how can I rely on you for anything? How can I rely on you when you say you love me? Do you even love me? Be honest, because you sure haven't been acting like it.

RYN
I just have a lot on my plate right now, you wouldn't understand.

WILLOW
You won't let me understand!

RYN
[heavy sigh] I don't have time for this.

Willow turns and storms over, slamming a stack of papers in front of him.

WILLOW
My editor wants to publish your ideas.