INT. DETECTIVE FLAVIO'S OFFICE - SEVEN THIRTY PM

WILLOW runs in and slams the journal on his desk. She flips to the dog eared page, and points. DET. FLAVIO reads it out loud.

AS DET. FLAVIO IS READING, WORDS IN RYN'S HANDWRITING FAINTLY APPEAR ON SCREEN

DET. FLAVIO
I've stopped wearing my seatbelt. I don't care if I die anymore. All I ever do is help others but I get the shit end of the stick, but I don't have it in me to be selfish. People need me, they'd be mad at me if I suddenly set boundaries on my kindness. People often talk about not crossing oceans for people who wouldn't do the same for you, and I often would fight against that, because the world needs kind people who expect nothing in return. Do you know why the good die young? The world capitalizes on their selflessness for their own selfishness. I once saved an old woman from getting hit. It was a brake failure on the driver's part. I wish I had been the driver, except I would have steered into a tree. The good die young, I believe I am good, and I want to die too. Signed Ryn.

[DET. FLAVIO rubs a hand over his face.] It was a suicide. I have an innocent woman in jail and this is a suicide. Are you fucking kidding me!

DET. FLAVIO stands up so quickly the chair falls backward.

WILLOW
I can't believe he wanted to die. He never told me.

WILLOW holds her stomach.

DET. FLAVIO
I'm so sorry, Willow. I've put you through so much. [WILLOW beings to weep.] I'm going to have them release your sister and this case with be closed as a suicide. [lays a hand on her arm] I'm so sorry.

DET. FLAVIO and WILLOW exit stage right.