INT. TONDY'S PUB - PRESENT DAY

WILLOW flexes fingers and scrunches her nose.

WILLOW
I never actually asked. I just took the suggestions.

DET. FLAVIO nods.

DET. FLAVIO
Well, I ruled you out as a suspect, so now I'm able to go over the list with you.

WILLOW
[looks alarmed] I was a suspect? How did you rule me out?

DET. FLAVIO
Someone who murdered him would be faking and would pretend they had nothing to do with the murder. You show genuine signs of ignorance.

WILLOW
Um..thank you? Now how about that list of suspects.

DET. FLAVIO
Ah, yes. Well, we have..Maddox, Hadley, Axeton, Kain, and Luca.

WILLOW
Wait..what? Why them?

DET. FLAVIO
[DET. FLAVIO shifts through his papers] Axeton owed him a large amount of money and if you eliminate the problem then his balance is zeroed out.

WILLOW
Someone named Axeton owed Ryn money? That's impossible, we were already having money issues..that's why we were arguing..we were going to lose the house.[Willow's eyes widen] How long ago was this?

DET. FLAVIO shifts through more papers.

DET. FLAVIO
The first amount was a year ago..then four months ago..after that a month ago. [looks at WILLOW]

WILLOW pales.

WILLOW
[clears her voice] And the others?

DET. FLAVIO
Kain was a competitor against Ryn for a promotion to second in command to the CEO, with Ryn out of the picture he'd get the promotion.

WILLOW
So that's why Ryn wouldn't quit..and why he'd been working so hard was to gain back the money which Axeton borrowed. [WILLOW looks at DET. FLAVIO]

DET. FLAVIO sends a coy smile her way.

DET. FAVIO
..would you be interested in becoming a detective? [WILLOW cocks her head] [FLAVIO blushes] Um..anyway..next up is Luca...

WILLOW
His high school bully? They hadn't seen each other in years.

DET. FLAVIO
[smirks] That's what you think, but if you checked their text messages they'd been meeting up in secret. Intentions are unclear. Which is why we need to interrogate him. [WILLOW nods] Next is Hadley. I have several eyewitnesses that place him at her house late at night to early in the morning. The ne-[DET. FLAVIO looks up when he hears a small gasp] Oh..oh, I'm so sorry...I forgot..do you need a hug?

WILLOW
No. Just keep going. [hard edge]

DET. FLAVIO nods and looks at her, concerned.

DET. FLAVIO
Lastly, Maddox. My guess would be for love.

WILLOW
Why?

DET. FLAVIO deadpans.

DET. FLAVIO
You can't be serious? [WILLOW frowns] Oh my god, you're serious. He's a suspect because he could be in love with you and with Ryn out of the way he has a shot.

WILLOW laughs loudly, looking around (everyone was gone.)

WILLOW
Oh my god, you were serious.[DET. FLAVIO nods] Oh god no, we are just friends.

DET. FLAVIO
Yea, he's your friend, it's not mutual. [WILLOW looks confused] Okay let me put it this way..has he ever had a girlfriend or boyfriend?

WILLOW
Well..no.

DET. FLAVIO
And has he had the chance to have a girlfriend or boyfriend?

WILLOW
Well..yes, but that isn't the point. Girls and boys can be just friends without feelings.

DET. FLAVIO puts his hands up.

DET. FLAVIO
Okay, okay. I'm still going to keep him on the list of suspects.

WILLOW
Okay...should this meeting be adjourned? Because I'm beat.

DET. FLAVIO
Oh, honestly, yes..what's the time? [laughs and checks his watch]

WILLOW
Oh hey..is it possible I could get paid for helping? I just lost my job and I've got bills to pay..and this will take up a lot of time.

DET. FLAVIO
I'll see what I can do. [stands up abruptly and leaves.]

WILLOW
Well then, I guess I'll just leave, too?