INT. INTERROGATION ROOM-SEVEN AM

The room is set up with a desk. DET. FLAVIO sits behind it, towards AIDEN, AIDEN sits sideways facing WILLOW. A two-way mirror is on the other side of the suspect.

WILLOW
Aiden, how have you been?

AIDEN
I've been doing well, the real question is how are you Willow, really.

WILLOW
I haven't had time to focus on how I've been, finding Ryn's killer is my number one priority.

AIDEN
That's understandable.

WILLOW
So, how long have you and Kain been a thing?

AIDEN
[eyes remain on her] Not that long.

WILLOW
Specific time frame?

AIDEN
Two weeks.

WILLOW
And when I ask Kain the same thing, his response will agree with yours? [WILLOW tilts head]

AIDEN defiantly keeps eye contact before lowering his head.

AIDEN
It's been a few months.

WILLOW
Why are you trying to hide the affair so bad?

AIDEN
If anyone finds out, I'll have to resign!

WILLOW
And the idea of that upsets you judging by your response?

AIDEN
Of course, it does!

WILLOW
How far would you go to stop anyone from finding out?

AIDEN
As far as I'd need to. Where is this going?

WILLOW
Did anyone find out?

AIDEN
Well, yes.

WILLOW
And who was it?

AIDEN
Axeton and Ryn.

WILLOW
And how far did you go to keep them from telling anyone?

AIDEN
I fired Axeton.

WILLOW
What about Ryn?

AIDEN
I told him if he didn't tell anyone about Kain and me then I'd give him a promotion.

WILLOW
What promotion?

AIDEN
To become my second in command.

WILLOW
Was there anyone else who wanted that promotion?

AIDEN
Yes, Ka--[heart broken look]--in. [WILLOW and DET. FLAVIO quickly glance at each other] No..no he couldn't have. I mean he'll do anything to get what he wants, but he wouldn't do that! I was with him the night of the car crash!

WILLOW
Is there any evidence of this?

AIDEN
Well, yes..but it's embarrassing.

WILLOW
You're a suspect of Ryn's murder, with very probable cause! [stands up] What were you doing the night of Ryn's murder.

AIDEN
[mumbles] weareducttape

WILLOW
You're made of duct tape?

AIDEN
WE MADE A SEX TAPE! [sobs]

WILLOW and DET. FLAVIO sit back in their chairs.

WILLOW
To clear your name and Kain's, we need you to bring that tape in.

AIDEN
Willow, no, please.

DET. FLAVIO
Or else we have to get a warrant to search your house.

AIDEN pales.

AIDEN
I'll bring it in tomorrow.

DET. FLAVIO
You're free to go.

AIDEN exits stage left.

KAIN enters stage left and replaces AIDEN.

WILLOW
Hello Kain, we've already been given your alibi but in case that falls through. [clears throat] Where were you the night of Ryn West's murder?

KAIN
With Aiden.

WILLOW
It's no surprise that Ryn was in first place for the promotion, how did that make you feel? [Willow begins to lean back in her chair]

KAIN
It makes me feel slighted! That promotion was supposed to be mine! I'd been seducing that swine for months for that promotion.

WILLOW and DET. FLAVIO quickly glance at one another.

WILLOW
So you were mad at Ryn for stealing that away from you?

KAIN
Bitch, have you been listening? I'm clearly mad at that dupe who gave him the chance so easily. Ryn might not even have told, he was the sort of person to mind his own.

WILLOW
With Ryn gone, that eliminates your competition. So why are you still with Aiden if you're angry? Wouldn't you want revenge?

KAIN leans back and examines his nails, he demurely looks back up at WILLOW and sends her a coy smile.

KAIN
What do you think the sex tape was for?

WILLOW abruptly stands up.

WILLOW
Okay, I think that's enough. You can leave.

KAIN slowly gets up, quietly chuckling to himself as he sashays out stage right.

WILLOW turns to DET. FLAVIO.

Isn't there something we can do about that?

DET. FLAVIO
Technically Aiden consented to the sex tape, but he didn't consent to it being sent out, which Kain made it very clear that is what he intends to do. Which is non-consensual pornography and that is sexual extortion.

WILLOW
Isn't there something we can do?

DET. FLAVIO
Because of his confession, which I have here on this tape [holds up recorder] We have probable cause to press charges, as soon as we inform Aiden. Unfortunately, I'm just a detective and I can't cover that portion. [WILLOW looks panicked] Don't worry, I'll make sure he gets the best attorney. [WILLOW sits down holding her stomach.] You look ill, I don't want to bring you home to be alone...is there anywhere else I can take you?

WILLOW
The Family House, my siblings will make sure I'm taken care of.

DET. FLAVIO helps WILLOW up and braces her as they exit stage right.