7

1 9 9 2, Sep 1st 

Families, friends and siblings bid goodbye to students who would be starting their term at Hogwarts.

The compartment was quiet, it was also darker than Nel remembered. She sat with her hands being kept busy knitting. A hobby she had picked up since she was seven to entertain herself back at Wool's. It was fairly time consuming and gave her something to do since she wasn't allowed to have any art supplies and the hours of watching TV were limited to all orphans.

She still couldn't shake off the memory of what had happened during this painful holiday. The only redeeming quality about being at Wool's was that Lucy, probably the person she cared for the most, was there.

"Where's Lucy?" She had demanded from a girl that was in the girls' dormitory. The seven-year-old shrugged. She snapped her head to the side and asked a slightly older girl. "Where's Bonilla?" She asked again.

And again, the girl muttered a simple 'dunno.'

Hearing a slight snicker, she turned around, eyes fixed into slits as they landed on Wool's favorites. Aisha and Alf, two orphans that were always together, and did everything and anything just to be on the Matron's good graces with complete and absolute disregard to others.

"Oh? Don't you know?" Aisha asked complacently. Her thick hair braided over her shoulder. In that moment Nel wanted nothing more than to drag her out of the orphanage by it. She still wore pink just like Wool.

"Your dear friend didn't tell you? Didn't bother writing to you?" Alf added.

"Bonilla got adopted," Aisha announced.

That was a lie if Nel had ever heard one. Adoption was rare. Even more if you were a teenager. Children amongst the ages of one, two and three are the lucky ones, they'll be in and out of here in a flash. Parents like that you see, their easily moldable to their ideals and virtues, still not hardened by trauma or the ruthless punches of life. After you turn five and stop being cute, your chances decrease more and more with each year. Being twelve, almost thirteen and living here. Nel had no question that she would be stuck living in this hellhole until she turned eighteen.

When she was a child Nel was kept locked up in the laundry room and prevented from attending the adoption fairs. Wool didn't want to risk her doing something "done by the devil," and have her make a teacup accidentally levitate or make butterflies come out from under her sleeves. This trauma scarred her innocence.

"That's a lie if I've ever heard one," she scoffed not buying their shit for a moment.

There was no way Lucy, as wonderful as she was, had been adopted. If anything, maybe Wool had gotten out of hand with one of the little ones one day, maybe she had gotten out of hand with her and ran away? It wasn't uncommon, but why would she leave without telling her?

"You best believe it," Alf said clicking his tongue. "Besides, why would she even want to stay here and put up with you?"
"She couldn't wait to get away," his sidekick commented snidely arms crossing over her chest.

"I know you're lying," she scowled at him. "Tell me where she it. What did Wool do to her?" She marched forward towards them with threatening steps.

"Truth hurts, don't it?" Alf sneered with a malicious scowl.

She stopped a couple of steps away from them. The expressions on their faces were enough to set the girl's already boiling blood into a blur of madness. Nel couldn't remember the last time she had been this angry. She didn't even realize how mad she was until several loud pops echoed the room and shards of glass began raining down as the ceiling's lights popped. Several girls scrambled out of the room screaming fearfully with Aisha leading the way.