22

It had downright been a foul week

The First Task of the Triwizard tournament had already occurred.

Thankfully nobody had been injured too badly. Harry had received a scratch from the dragon and had come in first tied with Krum for first place. Fleur had come in last and Cedric, after having some points deducted from having part of his face burnt off by the dragon, came in third. This incident had landed him in the Hospital Room where he was constantly surrounded by hordes of adoring fans, friends and students that were concerned for him.

It was early on a Saturday when Nel decided to pay her friend a visit. Thankfully it seemed like the Hospital Room was vacant with the exception of Madame Pomfrey.

She approached Cedric who was sitting on his bed content with half of his beautiful symmetrical face covered by a bandage that would hopefully heal nicely. "So what's the verdict Scarface?" She asked crudely as she took a seat on the chair next to his hospital bed.

The older boy looked up from a get-better card he had been reading and smiled at his business associate laughing slightly at what he interpreted to be a joke.

"Madame Pomfrey says it'll heal nicely, won't even leave a scratch."

Of course, it wouldn't.

Leave it to Cedric to keep his stupidly beautiful face intact after almost having it burnt off. Hell, who knows he could be the only one able to be able to pull off a half-burnt face and look just as handsome.

"You cost me ten galleons," She sighed crossing her arms over her chest upset.

"You bet on me?" Cedric laughed a little incredulously. "Like a racehorse?"

She didn't want to think about the stupid bet Malfoy had talked her into.

"Ladies choice," Draco had said with the mocking tone of a gentleman as they sat in the stands ready to witness the four champions taken on the first task.

Without giving it much thought Nel bet on Cedric. She needed him to win if she wanted to get paid. Also, why would she doubt his abilities?

"You're not betting on Scarhead?" Malfoy scoffed. "What? No faith in your friend?" He spat out the word friend almost as if it was toxic.

"I'm not going to bet on Harry exactly because he's my friend!" She huffed irritated. (It wasn't a complete lie.)

If only Cedric hadn't slipped towards the end. She should've bet on Harry who at least tied with Krum. Then maybe she would've been ten galleons richer instead of having to painfully cough them up. At the rate these bets were going she would lose all her money to a brat that didn't even need it.

"Pleasure doing business with you," Draco said ostentatiously taking the golden coins from her. It really wasn't fair.

Come on! He didn't even need it!