Kabanata 23

KABANATA 23.

Random.

MY CONSCIOUSNESS was wandering throughout the event. Ni hindi ko maintindihan ang mga salitang lumalabas sa bibig ng mga speakers. I was just there but my consciousness is away. Kahit si Vale ay napansin ang pagka-lutang ko pero wala naman siyang sinabi.

Sa tingin ko ay nahulaan niya na kung bakit tahimik ako. My relationship about dad and dad’s family is not a secret to him. But… I can’t seem to verbalize the thought of my suspicion about Angeline and Vale being related.

Yes, I was thinking they are related because of their similarities in terms of looks. But then, I was hesitant because I don’t have any proof.

I turned my gaze to Vale. Nakangiti siya habang pinapanood ang mga bata habang naglalaro. I watch him as he smile and chuckle while watching the kids. I didn’t noticed that I was smiling unconsciously while watching him.

Napaawang ng kaunti ang mga labi ko nang lumingon siya saakin. He flashed a sweet smile that made my smile grew wider. He then held my hand and kissed the back of it.

“You okay now?” nakangiti niyang tanong. Napakurap ako. What? He was paying attention to me all along? “You were silent the whole event, I didn’t asked because I know you’ll speak up if you want to talk about it.” ani niya.

Lumamlam ang mata ko. He’s just so understanding, I can’t believe I have him. I smiled at him and also held his hand.

“I’m fine, don’t worry about him.” He smiled and mouthed ‘okay’.

We watched the kids play holding hands. It was the most comforting thing that happened tonight. Pansamantala kong nakalimutan ang lahat nang iniisip ko dahil kay Vale. Hindi niya hinayaang maglakbay ulit ang isip ko.

He always checked on me and talk to me or leaving random kisses on the back of my hand. Natatagpuan ko nalang ang sarili kong ngumingiti kapag bigla niya nalang hahalikan ang likod ng kamay ko.

It was midnight when the event finished. The kids were all tired. Nagpaalam kami sa lahat ng bisita roon. We were about to help the staffs to clean up pero pinigilan nila kami. Saying that we should go home too.

Hindi na rin kami nakipagtalo pa at sumunod nalang. On the way to my condo, we were silent. It was a comforting silence while listening to the new playlist that Vale made for me.

I’m starting to love situations like this. Just me and Vale, on the road while listening to the playlist that he made for me. It’s just a small thing but it lives a big impact to me. no one has ever done this to me. No one’s doing it like him.

“Do you want to stay for the night?” I asked Vale when we arrived at my condo.

Natigilan siya sa pagtanggal ng jacket niya para tumingin saakin. Saka siya umiling at tuluyang tinanggal ang jacket habang umiiling parin. Kumunot ang noo ko. he was smirking when he walked near me.

“Do you want us to end up making out huh, Rafaela?” he said on a low voice. I gulped when he touched my cheek.

Pinalandas niya ang kamay niya galing sa gilid ng mata ko papunta sa pisngi ko at sa baba ko. iniangat niya ang mukha ko para magtagpo ang mga mata namin. His hair is a bit messy now and his black eyes are piercing through me.

Pinagmasdan niya lang ang mukha ko nang ilang segundo. He’s not saying anything, he’s just staring at me. His stare is making me weak and strong at the same time.

I don’t know how he does it but it’s what I felt every time he’s staring at me like this. I saw him lick his lower lip and bit it after. It was hot.